Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jennifer

Prepare For Some " Dumb Blond " GPZ Questions Guys :-)

Guest Jennifer

Well I did it..... recent success in Gold Basin with my 5000 and Evo (some documented on here, some not) has allowed me to scrape together the pennies to buy my ultimate "significant other". 

I'm now the proud owner of a ZED with 19" coil and to help save my back, I picked up an over the shoulder boulder holder Mac Daddy coil suspension rigging. Some of you may recall my looking at it at the Minelab conference here in Lost Wages (Las Vegas). I've tried it on, it's incredible, hopefully it doesn't sound off too much with all the aluminum, lord knows I've already dug enough aluminum cans with the Evo, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Sooooo prepare for some dumb blond questions as I go forward with Zeddie. 

Pics are my little x'mas in April picnic lunch outside my 5th wheel and the harness (the gal in the harness shots is not me, she's much more attractive) :smile:

Jen

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1627.PNG

IMG_1628.PNG

IMG_1629.PNG

G'day Jen,

Just been playing around with that harness at Clermont, and comparing it with a properly set up hipstick. There are pros and cons for each, but significantly JP is of the opinion that there is too much metal in it especially, with the 19" coil. I think you'll find that it is made of stainless not aluminium. Certainly with the 19' coil I had to reverse my gaiters because it was picking up the little clip on the front; also had to mount my pick further behind, because it was being detected on the LH swing; car keys in the pocket was also an issue. At the moment I'm going with the hipstick but will do more testing when we get to WA.

Good luck with it, you'll love the Zed.

Regards,

Col

• Like 1

I like the hipstick and have not tried this new harness setup, but as JP has indicated the springy stainless steel strap over the shoulder could be a problem.

I wonder if a composite type carbon fiber kevlar type of springy thingy over the shoulder instead of the stainless steel is possible? just thinking out aloud here. :smile:

cheers dave

• Like 1

Composite or fiber glass would be the way to go.  Target recovery would require that the harness be removed unless you got a partner.  Just the 14 sounds off on my glasses during recovery.  Neat rig though.

Guest Jennifer
3 hours ago, Col Douglas said:

G'day Jen,

Just been playing around with that harness at Clermont, and comparing it with a properly set up hipstick. There are pros and cons for each, but significantly JP is of the opinion that there is too much metal in it especially, with the 19" coil. I think you'll find that it is made of stainless not aluminium. Certainly with the 19' coil I had to reverse my gaiters because it was picking up the little clip on the front; also had to mount my pick further behind, because it was being detected on the LH swing; car keys in the pocket was also an issue. At the moment I'm going with the hipstick but will do more testing when we get to WA.

Good luck with it, you'll love the Zed.

Regards,

Col

I'm going to give it a go but I suspect JP's right, especially on the 19" coil so we'll see. It may end up in the classified section here, better put to use by someone staying on the original 14" coil, stay tuned. :rolleyes:

Jen 

Your problem with the metal will haunt you when you are on the ground running handfuls of dirt over the coil trying to sort out the tiny nuggets that the 19" is capable of finding. Guaranteed. The best solution for that would be to only find nuggets large enough to kick out with your toe..

• Like 4

Guest Jennifer
34 minutes ago, klunker said:

The best solution for that would be to only find nuggets large enough to kick out with your toe..

That's my plan..... kidding :)

Jennifer

Don't try to kick out big nuggets with that footware you have!

and don't buy a wide brimmed hat with a ring of iron...it drives the zed wackooooo! and me.

fred

Guest Jennifer
40 minutes ago, normmcq said:

Jennifer

Don't try to kick out big nuggets with that footware you have!

Nope, and like the post says, that's not me so I'm safe :)

Jen