Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jennifer

Prepare For Some " Dumb Blond " GPZ Questions Guys :-)

Hi Jen, Congrats on getting a 7000. You are going to love it. Crikey.... the evo's didnt get a very long work out. :biggrin: I was a fan of the hip stick for years, but on getting the Pro Swing 45 harness with the built in strut I have never gone back to the hip stick. I dont know what the problem is that people have with that harness. Once you fit it to your body it is just effortless. I now have another Pro Swing 45 harness that came with the Zed. I have only fitted the one "J" strut to my detector swinging side & havnt bothered with setting up the other side or use the bungee "bridle" bridge, but just hook the bungee on to the "D" shackle on the harness.  I have no problems or trouble with the Minelab quick release bungee set up either. Here is a you tube clip on setting up the Pro Swing 45 harness. I think this may have been put up before but it is quite appropriate on this thread. 

Ridge Runner above above took the words out of my mouth, Re the dumb blond questions.

Go Girl.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 3

Guest Jennifer

Thank you JW :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing the video, excellent idea with the bungee.

Brian.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, kiwijw said:

Hi Jen, Congrats on getting a 7000. You are going to love it. Crikey.... the evo's didnt get a very long work out. :biggrin: I was a fan of the hip stick for years, but on getting the Pro Swing 45 harness with the built in strut I have never gone back to the hip stick. I dont know what the problem is that people have with that harness. Once you fit it to your body it is just effortless. I now have another Pro Swing 45 harness that came with the Zed. I have only fitted the one "J" strut to my detector swinging side & havnt bothered with setting up the other side or use the bungee "bridle" bridge, but just hook the bungee on to the "D" shackle on the harness.  I have no problems or trouble with the Minelab quick release bungee set up either. Here is a you tube clip on setting up the Pro Swing 45 harness. I think this may have been put up before but it is quite appropriate on this thread. 

Hello JW,

Have you used the 19'" coil with the Pro Swing harness. Thanks.

Col

Hi Col. No mate I havnt & I doubt very much that I will get the 19" coil for my Zed. I would prefer a smaller coil than the 14" as our gold is mostly small, as you may have seen in my finds. The smaller coil would be great for tight spots where I just cant swing or poke & prod that 14" coil. To answer your question further though.....I have used a Nugget Finder 25 inch coil open web design with the Pro Swing Harness on my 4500 as well as the 18" commander both mono & DD (they arent too light) also a solid 20" NF coil too & had no problems swinging them all day. I did make up my own swing arm though for the 25" NF coil to combat the inertia & to control it better. Not sure what the weight difference may be to the 19" Zed coil as I can see that is where you are heading with me banging on about people having problems with the Pro Swing Harness. People were complaining about the Pro Swing Harness long before the Zed came out & long before the 19" coil. What ever works for you & makes your detecting comfortable. Thanks. 

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

On 4/14/2017 at 11:11 PM, Jennifer said:

Well I did it..... recent success... [ snip ]
Jen

Good to hear you were finally able to, ahem, swing it for a Zed, Jen.. Of course, you do realize in light of some of your recent finds you'll also need to get a longer pick handle too, right..? :rolleyes:

Swamp

• Like 1

Guest Jennifer
18 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Good to hear you were finally able to, ahem, swing it for a Zed, Jen.. Of course, you do realize in light of some of your recent finds you'll also need to get a longer pick handle too, right..? :rolleyes:

Swamp

I have a longer pick on order....

Jen

backhoe.jpg