normmcq    294

I had the same falsing issues with my 19", but worse was the fact that it almost came off when detecting in brush and rocks. To solve the problem of the cover coming off, I used 18 small zip ties to secure it.   After my mod, the falsing was gone. I assume that the zip ties added stability to the coil.

Here is a picture of my mod

IMG_20161226_100314_830.jpg

• Like 6

Road Dog    26

Norm,

I see you really hillbillied it! 

Norvic,

We should not have to add and repair brand-new coil's from minelab. By gluing and putting stuff on your coil adds weight also.  So they should've made it a solid coil then just like the 14 inch. It's a falsing issue with the wire windings inside the coil. It doesn't have anything to do with settings. The settings are for sensitivity to gold not to control your falsing of your coil. I use JP's settings for my 19 inch coil and it's falsing on every brush rock or anything it gets banged against.  So I spent most of my time going back over the same spot I just went over to see if it was gold or not. It is a waste of time and it was a waste of money. The 14 inch doesn't false at all.

• Like 2

phoenix    432

Hey Road Dog. Mate I agree completely any new purchase shouldn`t have to repaired before you can use it, but before I bought my 19" coil I knew I was going to fit a solid plate to it straight away for no other reason than solid coils are way easier to use.    I have not experienced any falsing with my coil and I truly don`t know if it`s because I fiitted the solid plate or if I was just pure and simple lucky with the coil I got.  I hope you and Jen get it sorted.                Dave
19_skid_plate.gif

• Like 2

Road Dog    26

Thank's Phoenix,

I hope we both can soon. The weather is going  to get better soon I hope. So I need to get out there and hit it with the 19 inch coil.

deutran    97

This may or may not be applicable to the 7000 but I started getting falsing on my Elite not long ago only when the coil was raised above the ground and it ended up being a crack in the skid plate allowing slight movement.Replaced with another and retaped and the problem was gone.I don't see how it could cause this problem just glad its fixed.

Maybe Dave your permanent solution fixes it for good,might try it on my elite.(Cheaper too in the long run)

phoenix    432

Yeh mate, next time you are in town bring your coil and we can do it :biggrin:

mn90403    786

Here is my paint and silicon solution but I still try to avoid rocks!

IMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

• Like 1

Jennifer    524
5 hours ago, Road Dog said:

Norm,

I see you really hillbillied it! 

Norvic,

We should not have to add and repair brand-new coil's from minelab. By gluing and putting stuff on your coil adds weight also.  So they should've made it a solid coil then just like the 14 inch. It's a falsing issue with the wire windings inside the coil. It doesn't have anything to do with settings. The settings are for sensitivity to gold not to control your falsing of your coil. I use JP's settings for my 19 inch coil and it's falsing on every brush rock or anything it gets banged against.  So I spent most of my time going back over the same spot I just went over to see if it was gold or not. It is a waste of time and it was a waste of money. The 14 inch doesn't false at all.

Agree 1000000%

DolanDave    319

I noticed in High Yield, I get less/ almost no false signals from bumping/scraping compared to being in General or extra deep, with both the 14, and the 19 coil. 

Dave

• Like 3

Jennifer    524

I'd like to thank you all for so quickly helping me on this, I have a solid cover coming from Rob and if I have to use the stock one I will zip tie it like Norm. I knew it wasn't settings as much as the coil itself. You all helping so fast by confirming I wasn't imagining things really helped me get past the psychological block of such a huge transition.... going from my much loved 5000 to this beast is a real big change and it's going to take some time to build that confidence up in my machine again and when the coil was doing this, it took me straight back to the defective 4500 I had days some of you helped on back in 2009.... knowing this wasn't my imagination, makes me confident I can make the 7000 become my new partner like my 5000 is.... 

Big thanks to JP and Norm for stepping up so fast and in PM's

Jen

• Like 3