Melbourne Aust To West Aust

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone based in the Melbourne area is doing the trek across the Nullaboring to the Leonora, Laverton or even the Kalgoorlie area in the next month or so?

There's a 19" GPZ coil for sale in Melb but the postage cost is ridiculous and I'd be willing to swing you a carton of beer or some dollars plus I promise not to say nasty things about you Victorians ever again. I am even willing to publicly state you are better at AFL than we are.

• Like 2

Give us yanks (I'm not a yank ... Southern by birth) an idea of the post cost for such a thing ...

Mitchel

$147.20 was the quote for standard parcel post which is just ridiculous.

Made enquiries with a shop and it was $40 by courier.

My parents in law are probably heading to Perth in the next few weeks. They are just waiting for another grandchild to hit the ground before heading over. 

I think the plan is to drive. Will check it out and let you know. 

Thanks NE, Perth is probably a bit too far away though 1000klms or there abouts.

G'day Tuna,

I'm departing Melbourne May 1 and arriving in Kal May 7, Leonara May 9 ; PM me the address in Melb and I'll pick it up and bring it over for you.

edit : there is one for sale in Kal, but it looks like it's had a fair bit of use :

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-kalgoorlie/miscellaneous-goods/minelab-gpz19-coil/1145398813

Phil

• Like 1

Many thanks, coil sold this morning to someone else while I was arranging pick up.:sad:

Oh well, another will turn up.  My in laws weren't driving across until June anyway - they got back to me this morning.

• Like 1

Well another one did turn up, meeting the bloke about an hour and a half away tomorrow to swap 18 grams of gold for his near new 19" coil:biggrin:

• Like 4