Strider55

Wanted - Mods For TDI Metal Detector

Need mods done for my tdi. My sister has some property with an old township on it. Would like higher voltage batteries also. Can you put batteries in before mods or after? Thanks strider55 :biggrin:

Last I knew, Reg had quit working on mods. Said he had a friend thinking about doing it, but no decision so far.

Jim

Thanks jim i did read one of his post and sent an email a week ago monday.this was before i joined this forum today. I live about an 11/2 north of him. I will send another email.   Strider55.   Thanks fredmason.

• Like 1

If you find somebody doing the mods, please post it. I'd like to have Reg's mods for the SL done to mine. Need somebody with micro soldering skills from what Reg told me.

Jim

I believe White's is in the process designing a new battery pack for the SL to increase input to 14-16 volts (from the existing 12volts.) which by itself will substantially increase performance..... especially on small gold. There may be other mods the engineers at White's are considering to improve the SL's performance as well. You might want to sit back and wait a bit.........Rob

• Like 1

I'm already using a 4 cell L-ion pack. 16.8 volts with a fresh charge. Steve Howard said that was about all the voltage the SL could handle. Reg had a couple of mods that allowed a faster sweep speed without losing sensitivity on small gold. I've got the writeup on those, just need the right technician to get it done. I was a radar tech in the Air Force, but Reg said it required somebody with experience in current devices.

Jim

Hi jim im going into surgery here in a few hours ill have to get back to you next week depending how this goes. Ill let you know the status on the mods for the tdi's after im throuth with this. Hard Prospector sent me a post that the whites engineers are considering making some changes to the tdi sl for better performance. You might call whites and inqui.     Strider55

• Like 1

All the best on your surgery.....I'll add a couple of prayers tonight. I hope Hard is right on Whites improving the SL.

Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Hard Prospector
      White's for the past couple years, I was told, has been working on an up graded battery pack for the TDI SL which will allow it to operate at to 14 volts or more. There is plenty of "home made" stuff out there that seems to work very well but I  keep waiting for a factory product that should have been out by now. I'm just a breath away from buying a reputable model from a guy making /selling them on eBay. Has anyone heard anything concerning this matter from White's?  They sure can make it tough to be a loyal customer.

• By Hispania
      Greeting everyone
      I was looking for a coil to use on the beach with my TDI SL. Mainly I was looking for stock 12 "dd but I did not find anything used, I have the 7.5dd and I consider that for hunting on the beach it is too small. I found online the" scarab mono 18 "x14" from pmcoils. I have not seen any information on this coil, I was mainly looking for a DD because I had the dual field of surfmaster for a while and it went very well with those coils, but I could give the mono coil a chance if he found any positive information. .
      If some use this coil or know some information, I would appreciate your opinion.
      Thanks
    • By Hispania
      Hello everyone.
      I have a question about the model of a 7.5 "white coil for the TDI, it does not have labels that differentiate the dual field of the mono. I am a beach hunter and I think if it is the mono I would not do it well.
      I have seen images online and the only noticeable visual difference is the color of the cable, one is darker than the other.
      Any ideas?

• By GB_Amateur
      Saw this while browsing Ebay.  I'm not on top of this market but this looks like and excellent price ($620 + shipping) for the original Pulse ScanTDI (later modified as the TDI Pro and TDI/SL models).
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-s-TDI/302688212094?hash=item46799f947e:g:zjcAAOSwUIFavjzE

• By GB_Amateur
      An acquaintance has asked if I'd help him find some shotguns he buried several years ago.  They are wrapped in oilcloths, sealed in PVC pipes (~3 in = 7.5 cm diameter) and buried about 20 inches (half meter) deep according to him.  He says he can show me the approximate location within about 10 m.  If all this is accurate it seems like an easy task....  Then again, he also said someone in his family (without him being present) tried to find them with a detector and couldn't.  That could be due to a lot of reasons as I'm sure you are already thinking, but my concern is that they may be buried more deeply than he remembers.
      Which of the following would be your first choice?
      1) TDI/SPP with 12 in round mono and 16 V battery pack.
      2) X-Terra 705 w/15 in Coiltek 3kHz.
      3) Gold Bug Pro (19 kHz) w/15 in Nel Attack.
      4) F75 black (13 kHz) w/11x7 in^2 coil operating in cache process.
      Assuming he has the time and patience I'm going to have all four with me to do a comparison, but I'd like to start with the one that gives me the best chance.  Your advice is appreciated.

• By DSMITH
      ran into an old friend yesterday he asked what I had been up to told him I do a lot of metal detecting and he said he has a whites TDI that he says he has used vary little he ask me if I would be interested in purchasing it from him because he says it just sits there collecting dust I asked him how much he wanted site unseen and he told me he would let me have it for $150 he says he has had it since 2010 said he purchased it new,I do not know anything about whites to know if thats a good price for a used one or not.
      is there different versions of that particular detector that I should be aware of  when I go look at his or is there only one version
      are there any potential issues the TDI had from that year that I should be aware of also
      i am supposed to go look at it on Monday so thats why I am asking don't want to waist my time if its not worth it,its a long drive so just trying to decide whether to take the drive or not
      Thanks for reading