Aussie Critters Seen In The Goldfields

Yeah Ash, for the last few nights, Mondays was better. Thunderstorms predicted all this week.

Love your pics also. Those Bush Turkeys are excellent eating.

I spent a couple months north of laverton and saw a lot of really cool "critters" us yanks aren't familiar with. The bush turkey walked like it didn't want it's hair messed up. I saw a couple snakes the size of a pencil that my buddy Steve Misson said was deadly, a ? Guata? And even more rare, a couple sun bakers!

• Like 2

The Indigenous folk are allowed to hunt them. Occasionally I'll do a trade for some other type of food.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

I spent a couple months north of laverton and saw a lot of really cool "critters" us yanks aren't familiar with. The bush turkey walked like it didn't want it's hair messed up. I saw a couple snakes the size of a pencil that my buddy Steve Misson said was deadly, a ? Guata? And even more rare, a couple sun bakers!

Gwardar and yep very deadly. Usually a death or two per year here. Rule of thumb here is if it has no legs it could most likely kill you.

• Like 4

Thanks for the correction, it's hard to understand and you can only ask "what " so many times. I loved it out there. Hope to return someday. I left gold in the ground because I had to fly out. That was 11 years ago.

• Like 2

Great pics

geez Ashley it sure looks green over there, real pretty country side 

hey mr Tuna thats the strangest looking wild pig i ever seen :blink: :rolleyes:

• Like 2