32 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jen58 said:

Great pics

geez Ashley it sure looks green over there, real pretty country side 

hey mr Tuna thats the strangest looking wild pig i ever seen :blink: :rolleyes:

Not as strange looking as the West Australian Mulga Deer

RA9hTUc.jpg

4 people like this

Madtuna, either you've got too much time on your hands or you have been away from civilization for too long. It would be interesting to see some of the "other" wildlife rarely seen out your waythat you may be able to photograph.

Rowdy

What other wild life Rowdy? If' it's here and I see one I'll try and get a pic.

There's actually a good wildlife show on telly at the moments about Gekko's:biggrin:

jsoo75R.jpg

5 people like this

Haha, that made me laugh MT.  They are funny little buggers aren't they?  Bungarra and blue tongue taste good too. Don't try cat though - quite ordinary :wacko:

1 person likes this

Around this time of year we have an investation of these types of vermin. They are also seen on quad bikes with bad hairstyles ...... most of them follow something called NRL ??? Nobody over here knows what that is but it can't be good.

Cheers

BB

58f728a10c49e_viccaravan.thumb.jpg.0ea232e92341d633e145551281a23dfe.jpg

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Around this time of year we have an investation of these types of vermin. They are also seen on quad bikes with bad hairstyles ...... most of them follow something called NRL ??? Nobody over here knows what that is but it can't be good.

Cheers

BB

58f728a10c49e_viccaravan.thumb.jpg.0ea232e92341d633e145551281a23dfe.jpg

That's one of the AFL following species going by the markings. Also possibly a juvenile as the adult ones usual have grey hair or no hair and are marked with something like "Fred & Mavis UHF18" on the back of their shell.

4 people like this

Good one Steve ! LOL.

Yeah jen it's the greenest I have seen it and also the wettest.

Cheers

Ashley

1 person likes this

Thanks for the photos.   The other night I stumbled on Ray Mears wild Australia.  Highly recommend it.

1 person likes this

Great photos,got to get down and see for my self.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aussieau
      Gday Guys n Gals,
      I thought i would retell this story from my page a few weeks ago as it still blows my mind that it happened :). Bob a lovely gentlemen from Northern California came across to Western Australia for a once in a lifetime adventure that he had been dreaming about for many decades. He wanted to prospect in the red dirt and flew across for 3 weeks with his next door neighbour Fred and a 7000 and a modded GP extreme(not the ideal detector unfortunately). After arriving he spent a few days doing an in class prospecting course which enabled him to use the company that was running the courses leases around town. Unfortunately Fred and himself didnt have much luck swinging there detectors and it reached the last day before they were heading back home the next day. For the entire 3 weeks i tried to get him to join me on a tag along tour(free of charge as my wife is american and i didnt want him going home empty handed) to some better ground but he persisted on his own until the last day where he finally gave in and decided to join me in a different area that i had access too. The guys only had a few hours before having to drive back to town before nightfall and in the last hour of the day and in fact his last hour detecting in Australia he managed to ping a fantastic 18 gram speci with approx 12 grams of gold in it! Unfortunately Fred who had never detected before this trip and using the GP extreme didnt find anything but Bob went home with a nice little chunk and in his words "at least my neighbours wont laugh at me now!" statement :) Made my day and i believe the gold gods rewarded him for his days & weeks of swinging that 7000 around Australia.
      Steve

Congrats to bob who joined me on a one day tag along for his last day of a three week prospecting trip from America, three weeks he hadn't found a thing by himself with his 7000. Last hour of his last day detecting and he pulls out an 18 gram specie with approx 10-12 grams of gold! Absolutely made my day ! Well done bob ! Goes to show a little local knowledge goes a long way! 
      ✋✋✋✋Nugget in the Hand Prospecting✋✋✋✋✋✋👍

• By Condor
      What's the good word on NursePaul in OZ?  You didn't use him for Croc bait did you?  Post some pictures of all the gold he has recovered from your secret spots. 
    • By DDancer
      Well boots down in Oz land, tis magic.
      Got a small bit to break the ice on a hard hunted patch. .3 grams but its a start.  Doing a section 40 and going to point around a bit.  No glamor shots :) Slow and quite for a bit while me and my mates figure out our targets.  Cant describe the smell of eucalyptus in the morning from the local fires or the beauty of the bush from a long drive from Perth but it puts in in ya.  Coogardie is the drop TA!
    • By Norvic
      Ok NursePaul touched down in OZ, picked him up on Saturday, but in his excitement to get over here he forgot his ports with clothes, Z, etc etc. no no regardless of what he says about Airlines, that`s my story and I`m going to stick to it. 
      We are having a lot of trouble communicating, I don`t know what version of English you Yanks use but tis French to me for sure............ So here we are waiting for his gear coming via Pony Express-Cobb & Co and I`ve got the best excuse I`ve every had as to why I`m not finding gold.....................But the xxxx is good yes/no..............and we are sort working out sign language, although judging by the smoke coming out his ears I think we will switch to smoke signals...............
    • By madhatter
      Hi everyone
      I am asking that you might take 2mins to sign this petition.
      Its to stop the "Locking up of the Victorian Bush"
      Basically the idea is to turn the goldfields into heritage listed sites and stop prospecting/fossicking in these areas.
      Please help us, we cant let them push this through!!
      People power is our greatest defence to protect our rights!!
      Click the link below to help stop this.....
      https://www.change.org/p/danielle-green … m=copylink
    • By madtuna
      Popped a stack of camels the other day and stole a back strap off a young cow.
      Normally I hang them for a week or two to age but I went and caught up with a tour group that day and we knocked off the whole back strap that night. No washing up that night, all plates were licked clean