What Was Your 1st Detector?

Garret A2B.   I no longer own the detector, I traded it in on the Minelab 16000 Ground Tracker, but I still have the very first piece I ever found and I found it with the A2B.

• Like 1

A used Garrett green machine (I don't know what model) in 1996 that a friend's dad sold me for $5 and I used until it broke.

Owned 9 detectors total in this order - Old Garrett, Ace 250, GMT, Explorer II, 4500, GB2, Fors Core, 7000 (or maybe vice versa), Antique Fisher. All I want is 1 more revolutionary gold machine and I'm good on detectors.

1985- Whites 5000 D , saved my money mowing lawns, a lot of lawns :).....

Dave

• Like 3

First detector used was a GT16000, then FT16000, then XT17000. First detector I owned was an XT18000 - I have bought and sold about 4 since then :-) 

Over the years, I've owned SD2100, GPextreme, GP3500, GPX4000, GPX4500, GPX5000, Gold Striker, Sovereign, Sovereign XS, Sovereign XS2aPro, Sovereign GT, CTX3030, Whites V/Sat, Fors CoRe, Fors Gold+, Bandido II umax, Vaquero, Racer 2, Gold Racer, SDC2300, GPZ7000. 

Working for Minelab and being a tester & trainer, and now being a retailer definitely has its perks :-) 

• Like 4

First detector was a mistake, a cheapo Micronta unit that was good for picking up reinforcement in the driveway and fencing wire, not so good at finding dad's buried wedding ring in the front yard!  First real detector was an XT17000 with two factory coils and a massive 19" Super depth coil made by Detector Technologies in Exmouth, WA.

From there I went to yet another XT17000, followed by a Vaquero, Whites GM2, GM3, GMT Ace 250, Coinmaster GT, Garrett Scorpion, x-terra 305,  Explorer SE Pro & Etrac.  Currently own the XP Deus, Racer 2, Teknetics G2, Tejon, F75, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium and Go-Find 60.

My first detector was a Compass Yukon that I bought from my brother-in-law in 1976. Still have it, why? Maybe a antique! Own different brands of detectors like A.H. Pro, Compass, Minelab and was a White's Dealer for over 25 years.

The first was the White's V-Sat Gold Master, FT 16000, later the X-TERRA 705, and started getting more serious about it all - jumped in with the Garrett ATX, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, SDC 2300, and current the GPZ 7000.  Now I need more TIME!!!!

• Like 1