What Was Your 1st Detector?

My 1st Detector was a Heath kit and radio shack I got for a 2 for 1 deal as a kid at a yard sale. From hard earned money from mowing lawns too. And raking pine needles, shoveling snow, picking up dog sausages. Then acquired a old whites goldmaster. Then a whites spectrum. 

Then after the dredging moratorium started. I wanted to learning detecting for gold. Got a new whites goldmaster. But that didn't fill my need to find bigger pieces of gold that I was used too from dredging. So I saved and was able to get a GPX 5000. And was able to learn the ropes from some experienced people. Then had a sdc 2300 for a spell. Then got the 7000. Also have the xp deus and makro gold racer. 

• Like 1

2010 Borrowed bounty hunter, immediately got an ACE 250, found clad for 6 months.

fazed out on detecting for a couple years.

2014 got an MXT pro to find nuggets, maybe hunt relics. I found one nugget, then spent 1000's of hours relic hunting and loving every minute of it!

Still want to find some more nuggets! ?

Edit: I may get a Deus someday, or AT pro at least, change it up a bit.

My first metal detector was a Heathkit that my brother and I built in the 1960's. We used a soldering iron to assemble the circuit board and wrapped the wire for the two "tuned" coils that were electronically balanced by a Wheatstone bridge type circuit. 

Silver coins were easy to find at the beach. This was when a pack of baseball cards cost 5 cents. I also found a diamond ring and was able to return it to the lady who lost it by posting a notice at the beach.

My first detector was a Fisher CZ-5 I bought new in the early 90s.  I've bought and sold quite a few since then.  Trying to cut down on the arsenal but good deals keep popping up.  I think Iike to buy and sell detectors almost as much as using them.

Bryan