First Gold And Silver With The CTX

Good day to  all wife love the Seaside and so do I but with a detector so we did spend the week end on the coast i did 4 session (had to spend time to eat some Fisha and Chips too:biggrin:)

So 2 night sessions 1 morning and 1 late afternoon before we hit the road back to London which was a good move because ewe had :NO TRAFFIC at all ,CTX on my Harness a S&F LOWEPRO with home made bungee and Voila i did put the machine on max out managed some deep stuff and quiet happy with the result ,i am enclosing  some pics the silver 6 pence comme from the cracking layers of clay and was stuck in one crevasse .Impossible for objects to sink in...........few copper/brass shrapnells a rifle complete amo and then 5 min later the 9ct 1.8gr with 6 small diamonds ring.not much for 13/14 hours but i had fun and perfecting my digging technique

I was happy because i was swinging super wide as the beach was HUGE....will i go back yes with my PI with i need to use for the first time

Enjoy

RR

20170415_193946.jpg

20170417_101759.jpg

IMG_20170417_132302_720.jpg

IMG_20170415_215212_882.jpg

IMG_20170414_213105_988.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Fred and Steve I got the 17" but I was too sure of the beach...........also in UK the iron contamination is 2000 years old plus that may be difficult on some beaches but I am sure I will try it soon enough with a sand scoop as passed a certain depth I doubt the spade will do............regarding the depth reading I tjought they were accurate til now............................

RR

• Like 1

The depth is calibrated to the stock 11 inch coil...I have not found the 17 inch to be as reliable.  It does not matter to me, if it is a "good" signal Then I dig it.

The ground coverage is what I like about the 17 inch. I use the swingy-thingy and sometimes I also hook-up the Hipstik...I look like an alien swinging all that...but, who cares?

fred

• Like 1

Got a Deus for many years...but the F75DST found me more gold:)

RR

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Nice finds.

Thanks for sharing.

I wished I had been into detecting  when I lived in UK back in 2001-2003.

I sure missed out.

Just finished to mount the 17" not really easy if you are in a hurry no wonder why some chaps got 2 CTX..............

RR

• 4 weeks later...

One of my hunting buddies uses the CTX, he always seems to beat us out with more finds.