I'm looking at buying a custom dredge, it has a honda 9hp with a Keene 3x4 450gpm pump coupled to a tri haul jet. My question is that it seems under powered? but I have never seen or heard of a tri haul jet. The claims are that it is equivalent to a typical 6 dredge with 16hp and a normal jet set up. Please help .

14927375998251771420089.jpg

Dahlke makes the Tri-Jet log. I don't have any experience with them but The claims is they are more efficient than a standard side induction jet.

Last weekend I fired up my new Keene six inch dredge for the first time, it has two Keene P180 pumps rated at 250 GPM and Honda GX200 engines rated at 6 HP.

I ended up running at 3/4 throttle and had plenty of suction and the box cleaned out fast.

I would imagine with the more efficient tri-jet you will be just fine. Might need to run it at full throttle but that Honda will handle it.

Good Luck............IMG_1637.thumb.JPG.698c21626222d63b5bb6c9ffc84c2174.JPG

• Like 2

Yes it has the triple sluice. Looks to be the same as yours with a different motor - jet setup. 

I like the way the single is set up. May be harder to pack in but it looks really clean without all the extra hoes and what not.

I would be curious how that set up does in rough water. I would think with the motor up high it would be less stable???

I knew a couple before that had a Dalke Dredge with the two get.  It was a 5" with if I remember a 8hp.  They said it had a lot of suction and I know they didn't run it that hard at all.

I have a 6" like sjmpainter with plent of power.  I had guys tell me before that a 6" needed 9hp motors but currently I don't see the benefits with cost and weight.

They would be nice in deeper water with a longer hose.

Yes, a very experienced gentle man just told me it would not work? but the person that built it is 70yrs old and claims he knows it will work wonderfully, claims it would be almost equal to 16hp! I wish I could test it