Detector Floodgates Open In May

Oh, I did get some tips on finding that next :nugget: patch also.  :smile:  That means I can use my present equipment better.

21 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I held one of the 1000s today.  It is light and nice and a good price I would say.  A very good price if it works.  haha

There was a bit of conversation about it when someone slipped and said you could set it up so you could hear a threshold.  (What?)

It seems that the detector was too difficult to explain in Africa with a threshold so they made it silent out of the box!  It can be adjusted to bring up the threshold to a level where we have been taught to hunt.  (Smooth waves without breaks and when it breaks that is a target)

I didn't look at any of the other detectors or even ask about them.

Mitchel

Thats good news:wink:-Thanks-Mike C...:ph34r:

JW,

I guess people 'in the know' could answer that but that was not something I asked about. (If I was still in Vegas I would go back and ask for you.)  The dealers I know wish that they had one to test but they haven't used it yet either.  They are hoping it will be a good seller.

I'd have to find a place to use it. (What can it do other than be lighter than the detectors I have now?)

Mitchel

Very interesting releases.

I've been waiting for one feature for over 10 years, still waiting.........

I have used over 15 different detectors since 2003.  These range from low cost $100 to $1500 per unit.  I can say I've found a lot of good targets with each machine.  Some I like better than others, but all have attributes that were both good and not so good.  Early on I realized a solid ID at depths greater than 6-7" was hard to obtain because of the mineralized ground where I live.  That is why I opted for the true motion all metal function on the F75.  And my request was to add only 2 tones to this mode.  99 tones at depths greater than 5" or so will be nothing intelligent to listen to ( Deus, V3i etc), but having one tone for ferrous and one for non ferrous would be sufficient for me.  Hope this makes a little sense.

The above statement might help to explain why I opted for a TDI SL (very good relic machine in bad ground) at some of my sites where nails are few and far between.  Two tones, one for low conductors and one for high. 

• Like 1

You are correct Steve, I am not past buying something beside the F75 I just kind of wanted it for my F75.  I have either owned or were loaned the following detectors in the past 15 years.

Stated off with the cheap "low cost" finger hut detectors in the early 80's

Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon, Fisher F75, F75 LTD, Gold Bug Pro, Minelab Explorer, Etrac, CTX 3030, White's XLT, MXT, DFX, V3, V3i, TDI, XP Deus, EuroTek Pro Etc.

Had the great privilege of field testing many detectors from two manufacturers too.

On 4/25/2017 at 7:59 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

You are correct Steve, I am not past buying something beside the F75 I just kind of wanted it for my F75.  I have either owned or were loaned the following detectors in the past 15 years.

Stated off with the cheap "low cost" finger hut detectors in the early 80's

Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon, Fisher F75, F75 LTD, Gold Bug Pro, Minelab Explorer, Etrac, CTX 3030, White's XLT, MXT, DFX, V3, V3i, TDI, XP Deus, EuroTek Pro Etc.

Had the great privilege of field testing many detectors from two manufacturers too.

I get it Mark and I hope you did not take my comment as a poke at you. It is a poke at Fisher. I am a big F75 fan but they are slow to move when it comes to anything more than rebranding existing models. It can be frustrating.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/finds-Steve-Herschbach.htm

http://fisherlab.com/hobby/field-tests/Fisher-F75-Strikes-Gold.pdf

http://www.detectorprospector.com/steves-mining-journal/colchester-uk-metal-detecting-fisher-f75-whites-mxt.htm

If it makes you feel any better I have been waiting for over 20 years for my Gold Bug 3 suggestion to arrive. I wanted Fisher to add the ability to switch from 71 kHz down to 18 kHz (71 divided by 4). The features I most wanted in the F75 were ability to notch out high coin area (for jewelry detecting) and the ability to adjust the tone break in the disc modes.

So this summer I will be swinging a Nokta Impact that has my wishes for the F75 and yours also. And I finally will be getting a Gold Bug 3 from XP by way of the new DEUS HF elliptical coil. The bottom line is if companies do not offer what we want eventually other companies will take advantage of that.

I doubt I will ever find a detector that feels better on my arm than the F75/T2 however. That T2 Classic deal has been tempting me but I will hold out and see what Fisher has up their sleeves in the next year or two. For now my newly acquired G2 will keep me happy enough.

No offence taken Steve. 

This is my favorite forum site.  Keep up the informative posts.

• Like 1