Tone By TID Selection Option?

A lot of detectors let you notch out (silence) a target identification (TID) band but are there any that let you choose which tone (audio frequency) to assign to a band?

Most tone id machines have preset tone ranges but only a few allow you to customize the tones. Minelab calls those "bands" of TID numbers "bins" as in a bin full of numbers. The CTX 3030 will allow you to set custom bin ranges and tones. The Makro Racer 2, Nokta Impact, and XP DEUS have similar capability. The Whites V3i is the ultimate in allowing tone selection by individual TID number. I am sure there are others but these are just current models off the top of my head.

XP DEUS
xp-deus-tone-id-settings.jpg

Nokta Impact (and Makro Racer 2)
nokta-impact-tone-id-settings.jpg

Minelab CTX 3030
minelab-ctx-3030-tone-id-change-profile.jpg
minelab-ctx-3030-tone-id-change-pitch.jpg

White's V3i
whites-v3i-change-target-vdi-tones.jpg

• Like 1

The V3i can set an individual tone to each VDI # or to blocks of numbers.

I open the discrimination and accept everything on the V3i.

I use the tones to set my discrimination, in other words I give the range I want to discriminate a 0 tone. I can do the same with the visual discrimination as well.

There are advantages to this in that the machine doesn't have to do as much recalculating a target when it simply accepts it compared to the algos of discriminating it out.

Here is a post by Rob on findmall ... Zero tones for discrimination.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's a video by detectingMO that illustrates the customizable tone frequency selection options of the RUTUS Alter 71:

• Like 1