Minelab Gpz 7000 Warranty Transfer Question??

Does Minelab limit transferring the warranty to several new owners, or can you just transfer the warranty once?? Talking about the 7000. 

Also hearing from multiple sources Minelab doesn't really do repairs, they just mail new devices back to you if there is something wrong. ????

Minelab's current warranty statement as of this posting (4/24/17) is at https://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-warranty/warranty-conditions However, be aware that it is the warranty that was in place at time of purchase that counts, and that could be different.

I used to run a warranty department and could speculate but in my experience that is a bad idea. If you have specific questions, the only way to get answers that will really count is to contact Minelab directly. Be sure and always get names and dates when getting information from a company.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DolanDave said:

Also hearing from multiple sources Minelab doesn't really do repairs, they just mail new devices back to you if there is something wrong. ????

Not sure about the transferable warranty but recently had an issue with my SDC.  Sent it back and they replaced the "Main PCB Assy.  Pressure Tested and Field Tested OK".  So they do fix things rather than just send out a new one.  This is in Oz though so USA may be different??  

Good luck. 

• Like 1

They may repair or replace at their option. My guess is that due to lack of parts or qualified repair people replacements were being done more often than might be the norm. I also suspect that is no longer the case. Note that the warranty states they can also replace your unit with a refurbished unit. In other words, they send you one that was returned previously by somebody else. What some people assumed were new units could have been refurbs.

• Like 2

The 7000 has been treated as a replaceable item.  If anything was wrong they wanted it back and would replace it with a new unit.  It was my understanding that the warranty would run from the date of my purchase and not have anything to do with the date of my replacement.

I had a bit of a screen problem (pixels not functioning properly) and I called Minelab in Chicago.  They told me that they didn't have a replacement at that time and I didn't want to wait so I kept my unit.  Since that time the problem with the screen has fixed itself.

I have spoken with the service manager at Kellyco who does fix for Minelab.  He would fix my 3030 or SE Pro but not the 7000.  At this moment I don't know who fixes or replaces the 2300.  I think Norm had one exchanged that was dead but maybe someone has had a repair?

Mitchel

• Like 1

They fixed my screen immediately, but it took two attempts and video footage (highly recommend) to have a sound cutting out issue - that they couldn't reproduce - taken care of by replacing part of the unit. Without the video footage it would have been (understandably) difficult. Pretty good service but still inconvenient to be without the machine for a period of time.