Detailed Review Of The Nokta Fors Gold Nugget Detector

EZMoney Bob I apologize for any inconvenience, please contact me directly and I will get you taken care of. If you dont mind emailing me first and let me know what time works best for me to call you back that would be great. As well as anyone else on this forum who would like to purchase or even has a comment or concern please feel free to contact me directly.

Gene Knight

Director of International

and Domestic Sales

Kellyco Metal Detectors

GKnight@kellycodetectors.com

• Like 1

On 10/23/2014 at 3:38 AM, EZMoney Bob said:

Good points, Steve.  In my case I occasionally like to experiment and buy something a little bit new and different.  I like the small innovations such as the vibrating feature.  And, your review was pretty darn positive.   Also, I worked in Turkey on a geothermal power plant project a few years ago and really enjoyed Turkey and the hospitality I was shown so I have some level of bond or affinity with Turkey.  The immediate replies to my questions to the factory in Turkey helps a lot too.

And then there is this.  I don't like to buy fairly expensive items from a website by just pressing the "Add to Cart" button.  I like to talk to a human being, partly to personally confirm the item is actually in stock and will ship promptly and also to try some unskilled price negotiating - you  never know until you ask.   Deciding yesterday to buy a FORS Gold, I called Kellyco.  Got left on hold for an interminable amount of time, listening to the recording over and over and over of how important my call was to them and would be handled by the next available sales representative.

I will admit to having less than extreme patience when put on hold for long periods, this well having long  been poisoned by AT&T, the local power company and other unresponsive organizations.   I just don't like not having a choice of a local dealer, or any other dealers at all and I got tired of the endlessly repeated recording and hung up the phone.   As I recall, Minelab entered the US market with new products and even fairly new and different technology through a dealer network and I don't see why Nokta can't do the same.  So, I'm reconsidering my purchase. Probably just shooting myself in my own foot and I'm sure Nokta will somehow survive without me.  My apologies for adding a negative note to an otherwise very positive thread.

- Bob

Bob, this is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta. I also apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact Gene at Kellyco and he will be glad to assist you. Losing the sales in terms of money is not important for Nokta but losing a potential FORS user is!

Thanks Bob and please contact me should you need any more assistance.

• Like 1

I have seen other websites selling the Nokia line. Can't recall who but I found them after a Google search.

Rick the other websites may have been outside of the USA, remember it was a Google search.

On 10/14/2014 at 1:28 PM, EZMoney Bob said:

Thanks Steve and Ray and everyone who commented on the Nokta FORS Gold.  I can think of a completely unlimited number of reasons why I should buy one today, but before I let loose of the money  I'll play the devil's advocate and ask myself why I shouldn't buy one.  No particular order or priority.

1.  It's likely that 30 days after I get my detector, Nokta will come out with a new and improved version, incorporating the suggestions in this thread and other improvements. 

2.  It looks like KellyCo is the only place in the US to get one and I just don't like buying things from a sole source vendor. KellyCo seems to be a reputable company and they've been around longer than I can remember.  But I believe in some level of competition and I have a knee jerk reaction against buying something when I have no choice where to get it from.

3.  I'm a little bit suspicious of a high performance detector that's only powered by 4 AA cells. Granted, the Pro version comes with NiMH AA batteries but still...it seems to me that detector performance is to some extent dependent on the power of the power supply.  That may be more true of PI detectors though.

4.  I was gearing up to order a Minelab SDC-2030 and the FORS Gold has got me wavering.  Of course, the only real solution is to get both of them.

5. As a courtesy, I'll have to explain to my wife why we need another detector.  This is a slam dunk because I made some extra money this month and a new detector purchase won't come out of household money or deplete any reserves.   Well, the SDC-2030 will.

I'd sure appreciate any thoughts anyone may have.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi EZ Bob, go here:- http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4702898- and talk to Brad, he's got them in his shop in Bendigo.

Hi EZ Bob, go here:- http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4702898- and talk to Brad, he's got them in his shop in Bendigo.

Oops! I forgot to add, when you bring an item in from overseas over 1K; you pay tax/duty plus GST. So be aware of that fact.

And should you want to buy Garrett products to save; get a Bongo address and bring it in that way. As Garrett have a caveat on there products in the US that dealers are not permitted to ship internationally.

Hello Gene,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your straight forward response. I have been in business and know despite the best of intentions sometimes things can get pretty hectic.

Thanks Steve, I'm here to help however I can and I look forward to hearing from the members here!

Gene Knight

Director of International

and Domestic Sales

Kellyco Metal Detectors

GKnight@kellycodetectors.com