Check The Nut At Your Coil

I myself when I get something new like a coil for one of my detectors I think all is well. Well my thinking has just been shot down. I've had this 7 inch coil from Detech not too long but never really checked it over but I won't do that again. What I found was the nut at the coil didn't have maybe but one turn on it. I know that this could come from any coil company and I was lucky that it hadn't gotten wet.

I do find that the Detech 7" coil works great on my MX Sport and I don't regret buying it.

This is just to let you know when you think you know everything you really don't.

Chuck

The coil has a nut that the wire to it goes through. The nut holds the wire in place and seals off from any dirt or water getting into the coil. It's not too short but had never been screwed down tight. Like said it had maybe one turn on the nut. I'm sure like it was dirt and water could get into it.

In no way am I bad mouth Detech but just saying check your coil over good. You could get the same problem from any coil company.

I hope this clears this up for all.

Chuck

Hey Chris

I may be screw up but I can screw down a nut. haha The threads looked to be good and I had no trouble tightening the nut.

Had the threads been bad it would been going back.

Thanks for your reply.

Chuck

Crikey, my detectors all have had a big problem with the nut behind them.............:wink:

• Like 6

Steve

Just maybe the reason for it not being tight on what you said.

To all you other guys that was asking. Yes it is all about the nut standing behind the detector. Anyone who will get out on a cold day detecting has got to have a nut loose.But don't we love it. When I find a nugget are a coin I just get so warm inside. If I was to die then it would take the Mortician three days to get the smile off my face.

Chuck

• Like 1

Gotta agree, Chuck, wouldn`t have it any other way, a magic pastime.