Bunch Of Nokta Impact Coin Digs Filmed

Nicely done video, I really enjoyed watching his live digs.  Got a kick out of his excitement over finding the half too.  He may claim to be a relative beginner but you can tell by the amount of targets he dug learning the machine that he has the right attitude.

Good job!

Tom

• Like 1

How come I can never find a small town park loaded with any old coins or any coins at all for that matter?  Lucky stiff and his targets are not super deep either, just masked by trash I guess? I hate it when I see detector operators using spades in city parks!!

Altho, I have to admit, it's getting harder to wield a hand digger with old age aches an pains. I never dig in hard dry ground either, wait till a heavy rain or early springtime to dig. Otherwise, you get big yellow dead grass plugs in dry ground, VERY obvious a detector guy did it.

11 hours ago, tvanwho said:

How come I can never find a small town park loaded with any old coins or any coins at all for that matter?  Lucky stiff and his targets are not super deep either, just masked by trash I guess?

I suspect your second question is the key.  There are probably a lot of parks with good masked coins just waiting for the right detector (and detectorist).  He says somewhere (in video or in his response to comments) that this park hasn't been hunted, but I'm left wondering about that.  I've felt that way, too, but just because you find stuff you think others should have found doesn't mean it's virgin.  Discrimination is both a blessing and a curse, particularly in the wrong hands.  And maybe this Impact is breaking new ground in regards to unmasking.  I'm waiting for other reviews, but even at 4 lb (I swore I'd never buy a detector over 3), this one has moved to the top of my wish list.

Hmm, wonder if I should get going on this Racer 2 I acquired in January with 3 coils or trade for the Impact? I need a liteweight machine to avoid detector elbow, however and somewhat idiot proof/easy to figger out since my 60 year old brain doesn't always work so well lately.

In general getting out and using what you have makes more sense than trading detectors. Says the guy who gets new detectors all the time. Seriously though, if I spent less time trying out and testing new detectors and just focused on going detecting, my finds would increase considerably.

The Racer 2 weighs almost exactly 3 lbs with batteries. The Nokta Impact with batteries weighs 4.26 lbs. The Impact is better balanced but there is no denying that extra one and a quarter pounds. The Racer 2 has a better screen /larger lettering for old eyes and the menu is easier to navigate.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 11:36 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

In general getting out and using what you have makes more sense than trading detectors.

yup..... Remember this one?.... https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/is-it-the-detector-or-is-it-you/

At this point I have probably got the last detectors I will buy ..... I have an Eagle Spectrum that I bought new in 93 ... I have an MXT and a V3i.

I have been thinking about selling my Eagle Spectrum though I have 4 coils with it one of which is an 18" Big Foot.......