Minelab Coil On Whites Tdi?

Rod K

4 hours ago, roadapple said:

Jim that is a power house of a battery at 16.8 volts ! I might be afraid of nuclear reaction inside to that kind of push in power ..LoL . Glad it works for you ! 

Also, just want to thank AussieMatt for that link to coils ! 

Yeah, it might be a bit much. I'd like to find a charger with an adjustable final voltage. Then I could limit it to 16.0 volts. That would also make the battery pack last longer. I think Steve H said the SL could handle voltage up to 18.0, but I'm not sure of that. Best bet is to stay at, or below 16.0. One of these days, I'll get around to doing a test to determine how much extra depth, and/or sensitivity you get from the increased voltage. I do know my SL will detect a 1 grain gold bar at 1 1/2" in an air test, which isn't bad.

Jim

• Like 1

Nope, was not me. 18V got mentioned by Carl on this old White's thread. This thread claims that was a mistake and 16V the max. You will never see me recommending anything other than stock voltages in detectors. Others can have that responsibility. Great thread on the subject of the TDI and batteries here

• Like 1

I'm hoping these plots make it easier to digest all that good data from kerelian65.  I've shown the axes gridlines in 2.5 cm divisions since that is very close to 1 inch.

prefix-08.jpg

prefix-07.jpg

prefix-06.jpg

prefix-05.jpg

prefix-04.jpg

prefix-03.jpg

prefix-02.jpg

prefix-01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nope, was not me. 18V got mentioned by Carl on this old White's thread. This thread claims that was a mistake and 16V the max. You will never see me recommending anything other than stock voltages in detectors. Others can have that responsibility. Great thread on the subject of the TDI and batteries here

LOL...nope, I was thinking of Steve Howard, Steve. My bad.

• Like 1