Congratulations To The Team At Nokta / Makro

In 2014 I posted a review of a detector by a company almost nobody here had ever heard of:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/352-detailed-review-of-the-nokta-fors-gold-nugget-detector/

If you look at that review of the Nokta FORS Gold you will see I had made several comments about things I think needed improving on the machine. Yes, I do that sort of thing. What amazed me is Nokta fixed every one of them, and in record time - I made a special note in the review about it later. It made a serious impression on me. 

What then followed was a quick succession of machines by Nokta and Makro, the sister company. Nothing earth shattering per se but top flight performance at aggressive prices and a willingness to try new ideas and listen to feedback. Frankly, it came on so quickly it actually turned some people off, and I saw complaints about too many machines too fast! 

The entire time that we are seeing this rapid succession of machines most of us are waiting on this or that manufacturer to deliver just one new machine. October 2014 to now, and I am looking at a machine in the Nokta Impact that frankly has no exact equivalent from many of the old school top tier manufacturers. Maybe you guys see no merit in being able to select frequencies but I am highly focused on replacing all my various VLF machines with just one detector, and it is most likely going to be a selectable frequency model that wins that competition. If Nok/Mak can get from FORS CoRe to Impact in three years the "Big 5" manufacturers had better get serious and quick about picking up the pace. The listen and bend over backwards to please attitude alone is getting a lot of fans willing to forgive in other areas. Next up we will no doubt be seeing PI models and multi frequency.... and who knows what else. People can and will argue the relative merits of the Impact versus the other top-of-the-line models, but just the fact the Impact is getting compared to the very best anyone else can make says something about how far this company has come.

Anyway, I have my own ideas about the Nokta Impact and what I will be doing with it, and most revolve around the large coil. The main thing I wanted to note here is what an accomplishment this is a for a company almost none of us heard of less than three years ago, and what it means for where they will be three years from now. Congratulations to the Nokta and Makro team and most especially to Dilek Gönülay for an impressive job well done.

nokta-impact-seaside-photo.jpg

• Like 5

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I agree 100% percent Steve.

I have been saying this for a couple or more years.

No detector manufacturer can stand still or take anything or anyone for granted.

If they do,,,some other manufacturer will bite them.

We have seen this in the auto industry,,even the firearm industry here in the USA.

Loads of talent out there,,not just the same old engineers we have been reading about over the years.

I do feel some of the detector manufacturers have accepted and used the digital world of Internet and email better than others for communications,,for getting Intel,and communicating with customers and perhaps testers.

I do feel,,and it won't be much longer,,another manufacturer is liables to take root here in the USA with some good detector models having some good to great performance.

In the end,,I think whichever manufacturer truly works the hardest and smartest,,it will be shown in their products with time.

I congratulate Nokta and Makro.

Dilek,,,is IMO a dream come true.  And I think she may have by herself likely to have changed the way detector development is done in the future.

I fully expect to see more great products from the Makro/Nokta folks.

Too much common sense approach going on with them for this NOT to happen.

You guys actually made me blush! THANK YOU! 

Although I am the one interacting with the members on the forums as well as customers around the world, I am not alone in this. 

Starting from the top -meaning the owner of the company- down to each engineer customer satisfaction is clearly of utmost importance here and we want to keep it that way regardless of our size. We will never forget those, including you all, to whom we owe where we are today so a HUGE THANK YOU on behalf of my team.

Dilek

• Like 3