Bonhams Gold Auction Catalog

Gold and mineral auction with lots of pretty nugs, could even be some from someone we know?

I get catalogs from this auction company all the time and I thought this one would be of interest here, hope this link works its worth looking at; 

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24041/?utm_source=bonhams&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=STS_Gold_24041&utm_content=link3

• Like 6

If you are a seller you would have to mark it up over 33% to break even, with there 25% commission fee.    eg.   1 Oz   = $1270  x 1.333

= $ 1693  Break even min bid

= $ 1693 minus 25% commission 

= $ 1269 for seller.

It seem like a good way to make $$$$$$$ for the Auctioneer.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be practical selling gold without a high reserve, be interesting to see the auction results... I had an old letter from 1774 been sitting around the house for years, another one of the thousands of items my grandfather collected in his business. As a rule they aren't worth much surprisingly they are fairly common, one day I decided to google the name at the bottom of the page, Geo. Taylor (George Taylor), I contacted Bohnams (Christie's wanted it but they were too late, I'd have been better off with Christies) they got $11K for it and kept $3k for their trouble. Worst part is about a month after selling it I found out one of my friends in China wanted to buy it and would have paid more and I'd have had no commissions. Still better than a sharp stick in the eye...

• Like 3