Field Test Of Minelab Gold Monster 1000 By Kevin Hoagland

To be honest after reading the review I really don't see anything that makes me personally think I will buy one.  Also in his review he said it didn't detect a 3 grain nugget piece of gold in his test garden, it would have been nice if he said how deep it was.

Thanks Steve for posting Mr. Hoagland review and a well written one. I hung on every word he had to say about the Gold Monster 1000.

I'd say he didn't C12 H22 O11  coat it.

Chuck

I would like to see the GPX and GPZ added to the large-to-small nugget response chart. The chart  with different coils would be interesting too. 

I'm sure all have seen a faucet drip. Well as we get nearer to the big day for the Gold Monster 1000 to show it's face it's like that faucet. With time that faucet will drip more and at the same time we hear a little more on the GM 1000. To fix the faucet is replace it. Nothing will fix the GM 1000 even when it out because we'll want to know more. For the guys don't have one it will be the videos they'll have to see to get to the final of buy are not to buy.

I've had one on order and you can't it. I just put my faith in Minelab knowing they make a great product.

Chuck

58 minutes ago, aufarmer said:

To be honest after reading the review I really don't see anything that makes me personally think I will buy one.  Also in his review he said it didn't detect a 3 grain nugget piece of gold in his test garden, it would have been nice if he said how deep it was.

That is as it should be - no one detector suits everyone.

minelab-gold-prospecting-detectors-comparison-chart-2017.jpg

• Like 3

I think the Monster will be a success even if it can't out perform some of the other we'll know gold detectors.  I ordered one with my wife in mind.  She wants to try nugget hunting this year just for a little fun.  She is not into detecting like me and will never put the time in to learning how to set up and run a regular VLF.  This detector is perfect for her.  To be honest I'm looking forward to a little simplicity myself.  Running my FBS detectors for coin hunting has kind of spoiled me with their fantastic ground tracking.

Bryan

• Like 5

Swifty

When this GM 1000 gets in the hot little hands of people that make videos it's no telling what we'll be seeing. What detector ever been used for nugget hunting will be tested against the Gold Monster 1000. Not no much to see what's better but to put the Gold Monster in it's place.

I myself let it stand alone. It don't have to prove it better than others because I just want to enjoy what it can do.

Chuck

Chuck your correct, it will stand on its own. I currently have a gold bug pro that needs replacing. I need something with very good discrimination and able to find small gold. Its between the Deus- super light weight, Makro- looks good but all the people I know have had trouble with them, another gp pro, or the new ML monster. I will wait till I know a few people who have one in their hands  before pulling the trigger. A deciding point would be if its just another vlf same as the last few I have listed only with a ML name tag or if it really has done something in the R and D department.

• Like 1