Video - Minelab Pro-Sonic Wireless Audio System

Hadn't seen that one either Steve. 

Maybe things are different when relic/coin detecting but would I be right to suggest the detecting technique of one of those blokes would be ineffective.  Fast, wide sweeps with minimal overlap. 

Now that might be being nit picky since it's a vid for a wireless audio unit but it is also a minelab vid that is (hopefully) being seen by thousands of people world wide. Not all those people will have detecting experience and they then leave this vid thinking you detect like you are trying to cut the grass with a scythe :ohmy:

And for me watching it, who has some detecting experience, I automatically start guessing if these guys actually have any idea what they are doing and should I be listening to them. 

Is that over the top of me?  

To each their own. I promise you these two guys know their stuff when it comes to detecting. I personally normally hunt slower than that. But when in organized hunts with a dozen other guys chasing gold I have hunted that fast or faster!

Same with overlap. If I am trying to cover a spot thoroughly I hunt slow, methodical, and overlap. But when exploring I just wander at will following my nose where it leads me.

They might have slowed it up for the video but on the other hand nobody was likely to tell these guys how to detect.

More about Gordon Heritage

More about Mark Williams

Thanks for the links Steve.  I did wonder if I was barking up the wrong tree.

The old 'go low and slow' that I use for gold detecting is certainly different to their style on the vid - but considering their finds I'm happy that they know what they are up to :biggrin::biggrin:

They really have found some amazing stuff!!