Clueless And Ill Prepared

You would think someone who has obtained that age would know better, or at least be able to extract themselves given the time.  I wonder if the gentleman had gone deaf from the wife's "encouraging" words during their wait for someone to stumble upon them?

HH

Mike

Did anyone take a photo or two?  This is a story with quite a good ending.

A great gesture was had (not necessarily rewarded) by all.

Mitchel

Good one Madtuna, for helping them and for posting, this goes on every prospecting season in every gold field all over OZ. I guess it is the reality of suburban reared people gaining bush sense the hard way. In reverse I know I suffer big time in the City.

May all your boot tacks turn into nuggets...............

• Like 1

Thanks folks. I will take a few photos of the damage next time I head up that way and post them, we are going to try and get some sort of compensation out of them for track repairs but I'm afraid we might be pushing the proverbial up a hill.

And Kiwi, no, I gave the beers to the mining crew, the two billygoats didn't give squat or even offer.

No wonder mining companies and pastoralists are trying to shut down prospecting over here (and they will) some of the units floating around the bush just make you shake your head.

Caught an ex plod (who should know better) the other day who goes where he pleases and never lets us know he's on the station. Was talking about rubbish and he says " yep, can't understand it, you burn what burns and what doesn't burn you bag up. The next time you're passing and old shaft you drop the bag down the shaft".

I did my lolly at him. Told him under no circumstances to drop his rubbish down a shaft. It ends up in the water table plus it's illegal and town has a free tip.

Found a cow shot the other day too, had half a back leg carved out.