Meteorite Men

Some of you on this forum may never have seen any or all of the episodes of The Meteorite Men.  I encourage you to go online and find the episodes and watch as many of them as you can find.

This episode is about finding huge meteorites in Kansas.  I remember watching it on TV the first time and a couple of times in repeat while they were still showing them a few years back.

I remembered this episode because of a sled the boys built and drug across the ground to find some very valuable finds.  I did not know them when they were putting together these shows but I have since met them in Tucson and been with many meteorite hunters (some of you are here)!

I like this one because it shows some information about ALL meteorite strewn fields and some of the technology they used and still use to find meteorites.  I'm sure they have some of the most recent Minelabs like I do which finds meteorites with ease if they are there.

Mitchel

• Like 5

Before my days in metal detecting I had the pleasure of working on this TV show. Really cool, and actually sparked my interest in the hobby.

I've never hunted meteorites - maybe someday I will find one by accident. Guess I will have to "dig it all" to make that happen!

• Like 1

Mitchel, I could not stand it any more. After watching the Meteorite Men - Mohave Desert and reading about Lunk's recent finds, I drove to Lake Havasu tonight and will search the Franconia area (i.e. Yucca Dense Collection Area) for a few days. You, Steve H., Lunk and Fred have inspired me. Thank you guys!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Not sure. I did watch the episodes where they were hunting in Sweden. Metal detectors are strictly not allowed to use there. No explanation was given why some men acting like crazy maniacs are allowed to. Typical "entertainment" junk. The more the main characters act like stupid monkeys, the more entertainment supposedly.

• Like 2