Is Garrett Coming To Town Today

I woke up this morning hearing bells ringing and birds singing but no New Garrett Detector. This month of May is going to be exciting with all the new toys coming out.

I guess we need to just sit back and wait. My trouble is that's one thing I'm not good at.

Chuck

• Like 1

Metal detector manufacturers are typically very small companies.   They now find themselves in a world of instant communication – avid attention from supporters and or detractors –they make a plan – they announce it -  and then stuff happens – or doesn't. 

We may as well get used to it - it seems to be happening with all of them.  We love and depend upon their products - many of us have favorites among the various producers – but we probably all need to remember that these are in fact very tiny companies with very limited resources -  and that they now play on the world stage with the likes  of Apple, Microsoft,  Samsung, Tesla - you name it. 

I for one am prepared to cut all of them a lot of slack.

I eagerly await Garretts announcement whenever it occurs.

• Like 2

Well, all they have really said is they will make an announcement on May 6 so a bit early to be writing them off. They never said 8AM. My assumption would be by end of work day in Garland, Texas.

What is more fun is all the assumptions of what the announcement will be. It could simply be something like "new detector will be available by the end of the year" along with a few more tidbits about said detector. See Deus V4 release for reference. Or Garrett's very own ATX coils.

Hopefully they do better than that. Like in something I can get in next month.

The Garrett offices are closed today. The work day in Garland Texas ended last night.

I doubt that their marketing department does all the work themselves. Garrett is not really such a small company. Their income from government contracts alone last year was nearly a quarter of a million dollars. Their annual gross revenue is between 10 - 20 million dollars. Companies of this size hire advertising companies to handle their advertising campaigns and placement.

If you don't see an announcement by the end of the day I imagine Garrett will be looking for a new advertising company.

If the ad company they are using now is any good they will probably wait until peak access time. Very few people are watching television or using the internet on a nice spring Saturday.

• Like 1

"The Garrett offices are closed today. The work day in Garland Texas ended last night."

As a small business person I worked plenty of days we were closed. I bet things are no different at Garrett.

This one thread alone is just a sign of the methodology getting the desired effect.

Garrett Facebook page....

IMG_1032.PNG

• Like 3

Now I'm curious. What was the mystery detector that was in Bill Lads video? Obviously not the AT Max.

If I am hearing correctly, this is still a single frequency machine. I see that the video promotes the Max is also a salt water machine.  My experience tells me that single frequency detectors just don't cut it on salt water beaches.     Am I missing something here??

I have but one question.

Why is it when a waterproof detector comes out it never comes with waterproof headphones but the big selling point is it's waterproof ?

All of them do it!

Chuck