Nokta Impact Finds

Hi All,

A while back, I was going to buy the Rutus Alter 71, but, decided to wait for the Nokta Impact to be released.  So, I went to an event in New Hampshire called BONE, (Best of the North East).  I was hunting in a natural hunt on private property.  I had just received my Impact on the April 21, and hunted on the 26th, and 27th.  The place was a large farm with plowed fields, large open grass areas, and woods.  The first day, I hunted a plower field, and the large grass area.  I have to say that the Impact is so easy to use and set up.  I started with the stock coil 7x11, DI3, 20khz, sen at 85, iron set a 2, default dis.  At the end of the first day, I found the piece of a buckle in the plowed field, and a small button and half of a silver tumble in the grass areas.  The Impact would sound off on the iron to let me know it was there, but with this iron volume, it was not annoying.  Good targets were loud, but the iron tones soft. This was an excellent feature that I like very much.  So on day two, I decided to hunt in the woods where an old cellar hole was.  This was a site of an 1745 tavern.  I set up in Deep mode, 20khz, stock coil, sen at 70, iron volume on 1, and default dis.  As I stated to detect, I could hear iron all over the place, plus there was an electric fence that was causing others with Deus and CTX 3030 trouble.  But my Impact ran very smooth. As I made my way around the perimeter, I continued to hear mass iron until I got a solid signal reading at 71 at about 8 inches.  I dug down 6 inches and hit a rock, checked the hole again, and could hear the target, but also the iron all around on both sides.  I removed the rock and I could see what looked to be a thin coin.  To my surprise, it was an  King George II 1749 farthing in excellent condition.  I continued to hunt and a foot to my right, I got a another strong signal reading 83.  At 4 inches down, I recovered a King George II half pence 1787.  I couldn't believe it, I checked my hole again, and got another 83 with iron all around the target.  I removed a second large copper without a date, but looks to be the same.  I also found a large button and round piece of lead used for corks back then.  So, everything I found was from the 1700 era.  In closing,  this is what impressed me about the Impact.  It is well balanced, easy to use and set up, and offers  lots of features.  As an retired Garrett, Teknetics, Makro,  Whites, and XP dealer, I have used a lot of detectors, and I have never found any to be able to find targets in the iron like the Impact.  I not saying it the best out there, or better then the rest. But, it does a great job in iron and offers great value for its price point.  I am not a tester, just an end user, and I am glad that I purchased the Impact.

Treasuredude.

20170430_174500.jpg

20170430_173839.jpg

20170430_174113.jpg

20170430_174234.jpg

• Like 8

Cool story. Thank you  mate.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Thanks for sharing your story and what you found.

Congrats on your finds,,some nice ones.

Thanks Tnsharpshoother.  I have read all of you post on the Impact on Friendly metal detecting fourm and was impressed with your testing and reporting on the Impact.  I think that alot of what you said in regards to the Impact is being displayed by lots of end users like myself.

Treasuredude 

Guest Tnsharpshooter
19 minutes ago, Treasuredude said:

Thanks Tnsharpshoother.  I have read all of you post on the Impact on Friendly metal detecting fourm and was impressed with your testing and reporting on the Impact.  I think that alot of what you said in regards to the Impact is being displayed by lots of end users like myself.

Treasuredude 

You are mighty welcome.

My posting what I have about Impact,,style wise likely not to be awarded Pulitzer Prize.lol