19 hours ago, Jen58 said:

Very nice Dave

hehe i would crush them if they were mine.. i know i am a shocker! :laugh:

not everyone likes to crush their species

they are still rippers of nuggrocks  :biggrin: 

Hi Jen, yeah the other boys just smash theirs. But I like to see what they look like before I decide. Our jeweler mate normally does mine in acid, These bits I decided to have a play myself.:smile:

Nice one dave,

I was going to start a new topic with a question on acid but it follows well from your post so i hope you don't mind i ask a question here! These few bits just went into weak hydrochloric acid today - after the solution goes a yellow tinge from the byproducts etc does it make any difference changing the acid solution? In other words does the acid get used up somehow and benifit from replenishing? 

tks in advance for everyone's wisdom:)

struan

IMG_5128.JPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

Good one Dave, Sometimes they just need a bath !

Cheers

Ashley

Hi Ashley, yep I agree mate, just pulled a few more out of the pot.

IMG_0645 (002) species.JPG

IMG_0646 (002) species.JPG

IMG_0647 (002) species.JPG

IMG_0648 (002) species.JPG

IMG_0649 (002) species.JPG

species.JPG

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I was expecting what I call bits - under a gram each. More like a grain or two. I like yours better, can't wait to see some more big ones!

Hi Steve, here is one from awhile ago. Cheers Dave.

IMG_0117 (002) beer gold 3.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, strick said:

Me thinks you need a bigger scale! Nice bits!

strick

Hi strick, yep mate I agree with you mate. These are the scales we like to use. Pic 1 And when you run out of weights you need to improvise as us Queenslanders always have a few of these handy. Pic2 :smile: Sorry mate the pics are back the front.

FullSizeRender (004) beer gold.jpg

FullSizeRender (003) beer gold2.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, madtuna said:

Smash 'em! You know you want to!:biggrin:

Hey MT, yeah bro probably will go under the torch mate. Always am interested how they are formed.

1 hour ago, Giddiup said:

Nice one dave,

I was going to start a new topic with a question on acid but it follows well from your post so i hope you don't mind i ask a question here! These few bits just went into weak hydrochloric acid today - after the solution goes a yellow tinge from the byproducts etc does it make any difference changing the acid solution? In other words does the acid get used up somehow and benifit from replenishing? 

tks in advance for everyone's wisdom:)

struan

IMG_5128.JPG

Hi mate, yeah it's my first play with an aluminum cleaner myself, but have been told if it gets real dirty to change and can take from a couple of days to a couple of weeks depends on composition. That's all I know, which is nothing on these lite acids.