My First Impression Of The Minelab Gold Monster 1000

Crikey, where in my post did you get the idea I believe the Z doesn`t live up to advertised claims, on the contrary I have never had a ML product that hasn`t lived up to MLs claims and that is a lot That belief in ML is why chiefly along with Steves, Lunks & JPs reviews I have ordered a Monster unseen.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Really? There actually is an entire cottage industry revolving around that very concept! I do think maybe you are misunderstanding Novic however (double negatives can do that)... he has a GM1000 on order.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding.  I was in agreement with Norvic. I also have one on order and I am hoping it is as good as it sounds.  I guess I missed hearing about people being unhappy with the 7000.  I was under the impression it was living up to the increased depth percentages claims made by Minelab.

28 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Crikey, where in my post did you get the idea I believe the Z doesn`t live up to advertised claims, on the contrary I have never had a ML product that hasn`t lived up to MLs claims and that is a lot That belief in ML is why chiefly along with Steves, Lunks & JPs reviews I have ordered a Monster unseen.

I was in agreement with you.  I guess I need to make my posts clearer. I also have one on order and I thought my post was in support of your opinion.  I was surprised it was taken the other way.  Since multiple people took it that way I guess it's bad on me.  No worries though I will be sure to leave no wiggle room for interpretation on future posts.  Good luck with the monster!  Hope mine comes in soon.

• Like 1

No drama, Shasta, here in OZ as Steve has said the Z or for that matter any ML product comes under a lot of criticism, completely unwarranted criticism in my view as ML has a saying that they change peoples fortune, and that is exactly what their products have done for me, because I state this on OZ forums and am proud to defend ML, I cop a fair bit of personal stuff in reply, thus I am somewhat a wee touchy on the subject. 

As you state we are in agreement, tis simply a misunderstanding. No problem I think a lot of times on forums this sort of misunderstanding happens, it is just good that we have hung in there and sorted it out. Also to consider, in US and OZ we both speak & write English but different "dialects".

I wish you at least the success I have had with MLs products and no doubt we`ll participate in future Monster threads on this forum once we have got and worked out our Monsters. Monster, what a name for a detector but why not..........

• Like 1

What a wonderful world...vastly more information in this thread and about this detector than I could have ever gleaned under my own steam. Thank you Steve  and other contributors.

I love my gpz. However I have been mulling over a backup and loaner for guests....this Monster may be the one.  I doubt I can see a 1/10th of a grain anymore...

Steve or Lunk or any other tester;

from a specimen point of view, did you happen to run any by the Monster?

fred

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

from a specimen point of view, did you happen to run any by the Monster?

No worries Fred, the Monster loves species of all types too.

• Like 3

I love this site.  Straight forward and to the point.

• Like 1

Lunk, JP, Steve - during testing did any of you take any video of the GM in action on undug targets, speccies, etc?  

One thing I've noticed since May 8 is that there have been no new vids posted to YouTube or ML website from testers or from ML. 

Obviously not going to see any from average Joe of course. 

Have seen the introductory vid from ML and the 2 vids on this forum with the African lads/lasses swiping a few small pieces.  

Has anyone seen some that I have missed?

Early days still. I was first person that Minelab let talk but more will be chiming in any minute. I still have not been able to make myself go to the trouble yet of stopping and shooting videos. Frankly, it's just extra work. I have good intentions but so far have not got around to it yet. Since no units are in the publics hands yet obviously nothing available there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

but more will be chiming in any minute.

Mr Herschbach, psychic extraordinaire :laugh::laugh:

A good write up from JP.   

And I know where you are coming from with the vid thing. I sometimes think about it and then naaah, just want to dig the hole and find the nail, can, button :rolleyes: 

• Like 2