Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hillis

Lobo Super Trac.....a Technical Question For A Project

Mike Hillis    168

Hi All,

Working on home LCD VDI project with my GSII that I hope to be able to put on the Lobo St.   However I can't tell if the Lobo ST has the same chip.   I found a schematic for the original Lobo that shows that it does have one but I can't find anything clear on the Lob ST that would show me for sure.

Could someone who owns a Lobo ST, when you have time, look at the board and specifically look for this chip...an LM358.   Could also be a LM358N,   It would even be helpful if you could take a picture and just reply to the this post.

I found a couple of pictures on the web of the Lobo St circuit board but the resolution isn't good enough to read the labels on all the chips.

This is what it looks like on my GS1I

Appreciate it.

Mike

LM358.jpg

Cabin Fever    170

Hey Mike, your might shoot Keith Southern a PM.  I know he's been inside the Lobo and I think he's still got one.

Bryan

Steve Herschbach    7,843

I used to have several but all been sold off so no go for me on this one. Great little machines.

tvanwho    189

I have a beater LST..where would I find this chip on the board?

Mike Hillis    168

I dunno.  I don't even know if it has it.  That is why I'm asking :smile:

Mike

tvanwho    189

I printed off your photo, will take a look this weekend perhaps

• Like 2

tvanwho    189

I don't see that chip on my LST circuit board.Here is the best photo I could take:

IMG_2981.JPG

• Like 1

Rivers rat    73

I think there is a minimum of 3 different chip and board version on the lobo .......

RR

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By goldrat
      Noticed on a comment by Steve H on FindMall November 2012 he may be interested in  a Diablo Umax in good condition . Well theirs one for sale in Australia better than that it is unused . 
      If Steve or any member wishes to view , follow the instructions below , save scrolling through useless info .
      Forum : Prospecting Australia .
                   Under "For Sale or Swap"
                   Title "Auction " by Outback
                   Page 2 of thread and auction and details start on approx post 16 of page 2 .
      Cheers
      goldrat

• By dsrtdwg1
      After reading on the topic of shallow sports field hunting/screwdriver popping , I decided to give it a try. With some practice it is doable, it will open up acres of park area I would have passed on if   I would have had to dig a plug. I am a little over a year into detecting and have been using a non manual gb Gold Bug, it serves me very well but after doing this shallow hunting I am thinking about getting a Tesoro. It is not a particular machine I want, it is that Clean Sweep coil. It really looks as though you can cover some ground. I am not looking for depth beyond what my Carrot will signal. I know there is no magic bullet, am I reading too much into this ?
    • By N7XW
      Hello all,
      Longtime lurker, first time poster as they say.  I've been coin detecting for about 2.5 years and now want to try gold detecting.  Although I consider myself a decent detectorist when it comes to coins, I have no experience detecting gold.  I don't even know if there is gold in my area...but I'm going to give it my best shot to find out.  That being said, I don't want to go out and buy a dedicated gold machine right now.  I would like to try what I have, see if it looks promising and then maybe get a GoldBug II.
      I tested 6 of my 9 machines on small pieces of lead down to 0.2 grams and the Tejon gave the best air test results (as expected as it is the highest freq. machine I have).  I was using the stock 8x9 concentric coil.  My question is - what would be the best small nugget coil for the Tejon?  My ground is 'hot' as my AT Pro normally ground balances at 94, so I think a double DD or 'widescan' would be best.  I am looking at the 5.75" widescan and the 10" elliptical widescan.  Would the 5.75" be significantly better than the 10" on small nuggets?  Should I be looking at the NEL coils also?
      Thanks in advance for any insight or help you can give.  I'm anxious to try my hand at gold detecting and want to get the best coil for the Tejon to give it a shot.

Jon

• By Jack and dog
      Now that we know the name , I remember Steve saying their Lobo ST was getting a bit old.

So hope it's a new gold detector ?

Jack
    • By auminesweeper
      Steve I have just been reading your Review about the Lobo and the Lobo Super Traq, Now the Lobo has Manual Ground Balance and the Lobo Super Traq had Auto GB and it has built in pre set Ground Balance setting, To me Tesoro are Rock solid in the fact they have A Life time Warranty and the KHZ seems to be in the right place, In the UK they Got Tesoro to tune them for the UK because we needed a lower disc Range and they are Sold under the Name of Laser and the Laser Hawkeye even Has A Screen on it But it Runs at 10khz, One thing I do Know is Before XP came along Over here Tesoro and Laser were the Top Dogs when it came to finding Hammered Coins and to tell you the Truth I still have doubts if any machines can beat them at finding Hammered coins, And if people were to come over here I would suggest that they Bring one of them with them or my Old Faithful and what would be the US equivalent Model, See here:- http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/Laser_Hawkeye.html
      So Seeing as the Tejon runs at 17.5khz and it has Manual GB and the Tejon with the Pro Upgrade has Auto GB as well surely these might be a Better option, Or does the GB not have enough Range Adjustment to suit Prospecting,
      The weight of the Tejon would Suit A lot of Older Gentlemen Like VanursePaul Norvic and Fred of coarse, with the weight of 1.43 kgs or 3 Lbs to me these Machines would suit those of us that suffer Back and Shoulder problems,
      How does any of this relate to your findings, Thanks Mate
      John.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Tesoro declined to keep sponsoring the Tesoro Forum on Findmall so it has been renamed the Relic & Metal Detecting Forum 
      The explanation was posted here.