madtuna

Eating Like A Millionaire

10 posts in this topic

Popped a stack of camels the other day and stole a back strap off a young cow.

Normally I hang them for a week or two to age but I went and caught up with a tour group that day and we knocked off the whole back strap that night. No washing up that night, all plates were licked clean:biggrin:

CwzqIkL.jpg

7 people like this

Camel ? Looks good

Popular fare here in Arabia.  Unremarkable - so special taste other than nice meat taste.

did you walk a mile? 

bad joke...

Doug Stone said it is difficult to get the Aboriginal people to utilize that resource...is this still correct...there has to be a ton of good protein in one camel.

Tour, what Tour?  Was my friend Orlando leading the pack?

fred

Hi Fred,

Gold2r.com.au is the group, no Orlando.

Yep hard to get the indigenous to eat camel or horse unfortunately. Camel in my opinion taste better than beef.

Cheers,

Steve

1 person likes this

Even at my age there is something to be learned every day. For instance, I didn't know that millionaires ate camels at all.  :ph34r: 

Nothing like a good out in the wild BBQ

MT - better than beef?  Is it similar to anything? Lamb? Buffalo? Pork?  Eaten lots of different stuff but never camel or horse. 

Hmmm looks good MT, Have never tried camel, are they considered a pest over your side of the country?

1 person likes this

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, Northeast said:

MT - better than beef?  Is it similar to anything? Lamb? Buffalo? Pork?  Eaten lots of different stuff but never camel or horse. 

I'd rather it than beef myself. Very similar though. Horse I've only had in a curry so far and loved it. Will experiment a bit more though.

4 hours ago, bloodgold2 said:

Hmmm looks good MT, Have never tried camel, are they considered a pest over your side of the country?

Yep unfortunately, too many of them and then cause havoc when they hit, destroy everything from tanks to mills, polly pipe and fences.

3 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By madtuna
      Received an email from Regis Resources tonight concerning an increase in sightings of wild dogs and two close call incidents over the last few weeks.
      As of tomorrow an intensive baiting and track 'em and whack 'em program will start between King of Creation mine and Garden well mine on the Erlistoun / Bandya boundary.
      Also, due to some numpty flapping his gums in the Laverton van park "if my dog takes a bait I'll shoot the station owner" the new station owners are exercising their right and from now on no dogs are permitted on Erlistoun station without prior written consent.
      Sorry folks, not my doing blame it one idiot and his big mouth.
    • By Jen58
      Hi everyone
      just found this on Parks Victoria web site and thought i would share for anyone who may be interested to know
      that could be planning a trip down under
      who here in Victoria In Aussie land does the Gold Prospecting Tours 
      Even us Aussies may be interested to know who do the tours
      http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/guided-tours/operators-by-activity/fossickingprospectinggoldpanning

I was looking at the fees.. not cheap!
      guess these are the only gold propecting tours that have all their paper work in place
      The only ones who are licensed and insured to take people on tours.

• By Ashley100456
      My first 3, For our American friends will add a kangaroo the next opportunity that arises.  Pls add some of yours !
      Australian Bustard, Dingo, Spider ( I am watching you )

• By Steve Herschbach
      From http://cdn-media.macmillan.com.au/mea/downloadpdfs/9781420297911.pdf
      or click images below for larger views...

• By Squizz
      Hi all 
      Well l have 2 days of work to go and then was going to have 3 weeks of dectecting, but along comes Debbieee ! Tropical cyclone Debbieee Cat 4 predicted by the time of land fall , with 400mls of rain ,now have to make it home in time to prep , it's Sunday night here , suppose to cross the coast early Tuesday morning? Nth Queensland weather gotta love it !
      Away I will get a couple of weeks in looking for the yellow 🙂
      Hope all the path are safe and prepared.
      Regards
      Squizz
    • By madtuna
      Hi folks,
      for those making the trek this year and who plan on detecting on Erlistoun Station.
      Ownership has changed hands and it is no longer held by Grainger Pastoral Co.
      I will still be here as on site manager so it's business as usual as far as I am concerned.
      We are a prospector friendly station and all we ask is to please let us know if and when you'll be on the station. Feral control is on going so for safety reasons, it helps if we know where you are and you know where we are.
      Please take out what you bring in, don't bury your rubbish. Please keep off station roads when wet, that wheel rut becomes a water channel, that water channel becomes a creek....
      Please respect leases and know where you are and have 40E's and permissions in order.
      Please respect cattle and infrastructure, and no firearms or shooting under any circumstances.
      At this stage I am not sure on the new owners policy regarding bringing dogs onto the station but I will endeavour to find out ASAP and update it here.
      Correspondence can be sent to:
      Steve Fisher,
      P.O. Box 189
      Laverton W.A. 6440
      Ph :08 9037 5951 (after 6pm)
      Email: picknose@hotmail.com
      Alternatively I can be contacted here on this forum