Eating Like A Millionaire

Popped a stack of camels the other day and stole a back strap off a young cow.

Normally I hang them for a week or two to age but I went and caught up with a tour group that day and we knocked off the whole back strap that night. No washing up that night, all plates were licked clean:biggrin:

CwzqIkL.jpg

• Like 7

did you walk a mile? 

bad joke...

Doug Stone said it is difficult to get the Aboriginal people to utilize that resource...is this still correct...there has to be a ton of good protein in one camel.

Tour, what Tour?  Was my friend Orlando leading the pack?

fred

Hi Fred,

Gold2r.com.au is the group, no Orlando.

Yep hard to get the indigenous to eat camel or horse unfortunately. Camel in my opinion taste better than beef.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

MT - better than beef?  Is it similar to anything? Lamb? Buffalo? Pork?  Eaten lots of different stuff but never camel or horse. 

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, Northeast said:

MT - better than beef?  Is it similar to anything? Lamb? Buffalo? Pork?  Eaten lots of different stuff but never camel or horse. 

I'd rather it than beef myself. Very similar though. Horse I've only had in a curry so far and loved it. Will experiment a bit more though.

4 hours ago, bloodgold2 said:

Hmmm looks good MT, Have never tried camel, are they considered a pest over your side of the country?

Yep unfortunately, too many of them and then cause havoc when they hit, destroy everything from tanks to mills, polly pipe and fences.

• Like 3