Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AUddicted

What To Sell A GPZ 7000 For?

8 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 

Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 

Thanks much.

Go to eBay, do a search for GPZ 7000 metal detector, click "used" and "sold listings" on left, see what they sold for. Works for any halfway popular items. My standard operating procedure when selling used.

Purchase date, remaining warranty is a critical factor. A thorough cleaning and lots of great photos do wonders. I am amazed at how many people think I want to buy their filthy detector shown in out of focus photos.

2 people like this

Bill Southern has a used gpz with two years warranty for sale for 6200 bucks.... around 6000$ is what I have seen some used units advertised at...

good luck

fred

2 people like this

I agree with Fred.  Got mine slightly used in this price range.

1 person likes this

Thank you guys. I appreciate the feedback. 

I also got mine for a similar price…

There was a used 7000 advertised for sale on all the forums a couple weeks ago for asking price of $5500.

I now have it listed in the classifieds. Thank you all for the input. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By 1515Art
      I am getting a little impatient waiting for the Deus elipitical as summer starts and I find myself wanting to explore more with some discrimination while still being sensitive for tiny gold. By tiny I mean the small stuff I'm missing with the gpz, but big enough to see with my old man vision...not flakes I'd need tweezers to collect. I have the Deus with 11", so going down to a 9" coil would be great improvement in the feel of the detector, also I've been using it for a year now and am beginning to understand it a little. The reports on the 9" hf have been good as have the reports on the GM1000. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to how they might compair? Do I keep waiting with still no firm release date? Is it technical issues or marketing strategy delaying the release? I'm planning a drive to Colorado the end of next month and was going to bring the Deus with a hf coil, now I'm beginning to wonder if I wouldn't be better off with the GM?
    • By Bswank
      I have recently been through a whole house fire and am looking to see if there is a metal detector that would help locate my wife's fine jewelry that was sitting on a countertop in the kitchen now that the kitchen is in the basement with the second floor on top of it?
    • By MontAmmie
      Hi Y'all!  Great forum!
      Sorry if this has already been covered a zillion times, but.....
      I'm self-employed and am fortunate enough to be able to live and travel in an RV full-time.  I live on a barrier island on the east coast of Florida during the winter and travel in the summer/fall/spring.  My main places are Florida, Tennessee, and Montana (home of most awesome grandchild on earth).  I love to metal detect.  I don't have much room to store those 10 different detectors that I would love to own (RV).  I have room for 2 or 3 at the most (if I want to have clothes and shoes too), and am loathe to part with my antique DFX, which has been my buddy for 10 years.  Even though it's great for dirt-diggin' in Tennessee...and not much else. I've tried it on the beach here and it doesn't seem to like that wet salt sand very much. It positively seems to hate that mineralized dirt in Montana too.  Maybe I didn't have it set up right. I've been researching for weeks and here is what I've almost decided on.  If you guys could tell me if I'm on the right track, I'd be very grateful!
      1. Garrett Infinium LS- Double duty for the beach/salt water hunting + a low-cost PI machine to find me tons (LOL) of 1+ gram nuggets in Montana.  I usually dig everything at the beach and targets of any kind are few and far between in the places we camp in Montana. (Yeah, I kinda know where to look-presently working on a ghost town/mining camp book).  I'd also kinda like to try sniping in some of those 38 degree creeks and rivers (certified diver/have wetsuit/will travel).  Hubby thinks I'm nuts.
      2.  Gold Bug 2- Maybe I could go back over those tailing piles in Montana and find those hundreds of -1 gram nuggets that the Infinium will miss.
      3.  Keep my friend, the DFX.  Every time I think of selling it, it tosses me a merc or two....no joke.
      Thanks, guys!
    • By AuWanderer
      Just some good advice if you ever sell some detecting equipment, always purchase extra insurance. Priority mail covers only 50 bucks !! Bought this great Detech coil spiral wound from a friend....was in perfect condition but I found it a bit heavy for all around use. I decided to sell it to a fellow who "was" going to use it back in Virginia for relics as its a double d coil and would have worked out fine if it was not  " DESTROYED" somewhere by usps . So, if you're shipping something over 50 bucks buy that extra insurance....I am hoping it still works, going to give it a try tomorrow and see....looking at it I doubt it.......Insure, insure for sure next time! 

• By mysia
      hello masters.
      Electron and gold coins come out in the area we are in. Can you give me machine advice?
      maximum 1500 $
    • By Reno Chris
      So while lots of folks were able to make the Las Vegas GPAA gold show that concluded Sunday afternoon, many could not make it. This year the GPAA has experimented with a couple things including a live broadcast of interviews with various dealers and other folks. Some of it is pretty good, while other parts are so-so, but its easy enough to fast forward through parts you dont care about. There are a lot of interesting people at these shows and they got some very interesting and entertaining interviews. There are interviews with Bill Southern, the Pomrenke boys from Bearing Sea Gold, Shannon Poe from AMRA, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab (who talks about the GM 1000 with Kevin), Dave Variboff from Goldbay (who sells millions worth of gold specimens) and lots of other folks in the mining and prospecting business. On the second day, because they were running out of good people to interview, they even interviewed me. There is a lot of good information here and it is all saved, but the way facebook archives this stuff, its not that easy to find.
      So here is how you can find it if you want to look in -
      Go to:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldProspectors/videos/?ref=page_internal
      The videos are not fully labeled, but if you hover over them with your cursor and look at the length, the one that is 1:25:17 long is the one with me in it, I appear at the 45 minute mark, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab follows me at the 1:07:39 mark. A lot of the time before me on the video is Shannon Poe from American Mining Rights Assn. (AMRA). Other folks like Bill southern, Dave Variboff and others are all on the other videos from this weekend. Its worth checking out - its not all 5 star entertainment and information, but there is some really good stuff there.