Sign in to follow this  
AUddicted

What To Sell A GPZ 7000 For?

AUddicted    47

Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 

Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 

Thanks much.

Steve Herschbach    7,495

Go to eBay, do a search for GPZ 7000 metal detector, click "used" and "sold listings" on left, see what they sold for. Works for any halfway popular items. My standard operating procedure when selling used.

Purchase date, remaining warranty is a critical factor. A thorough cleaning and lots of great photos do wonders. I am amazed at how many people think I want to buy their filthy detector shown in out of focus photos.

• Like 2

fredmason    1,005

Bill Southern has a used gpz with two years warranty for sale for 6200 bucks.... around 6000$ is what I have seen some used units advertised at...

good luck

fred

• Like 2

Andyy    89

I agree with Fred.  Got mine slightly used in this price range.

• Like 1

matt    102

There was a used 7000 advertised for sale on all the forums a couple weeks ago for asking price of $5500.

AUddicted    47

I now have it listed in the classifieds. Thank you all for the input. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By augustwest
      I hit this pocket out hunting along a contact zone. I think it is  native silver, but there have been no historical accounts of silver being found, only platinum and gold. Upon inspection with the microscope I can see gold popping out in a couple places. The large nugget was on the top of a vein of decomposing calcite and quartz, you can see on one side where the rock fell apart leaving some interesting formations. The large piece is 3/4 of a ounce and the foil like piece, that was found downhill, is about a 1/4 ounce. So this is most likely silver but anybody ever see platinum gold ore? The pieces came out very clean with very little magnesium oxide coating. The only thing that has my mind wandering is the fact that the source of platinum has never been found in the area, no historical accounts of silver being found and it came out of the ground really clean. Anybody see anything like this while out hunting for pocket gold?

• By mn90403
      This morning I was reviewing another thread and there was a link to Steve's review philosophy.  I encourage everyone to read it.
      It reminded me of an idea I have had for a long time about having an event (several events) with all metal detectorists and manufacturers products used to find professionally hidden and buried targets.  You don't get to dig or recover the targets.  You put a score on each hole like you do on a golf score card.  Rules can be made to make it fair.  Spectators would be encouraged as the locations for these events could be elevated.  The finals could be in a stadium depending on EMI!  haha
      The idea is that there could be events and at each of the events there could be courses and each of these courses could have holes.
      Some of the courses could be coin only, gold only or relic only.  Some of the 'holes' would have gold nuggets, hot rocks, coins, rings, etc.  
      Some of the events/courses would let you use your own detector and some of the events would be using the same detector ... like some of the auto races.  Some of the events could use discriminating detectors and some would be size and depth competitions using PIs.
      Some of the events would be set up like panning contests.  I think everyone gets their own ideas.  You get people and kids out early to find things.
      What would we get out of this as the metal detecting community?  Competition, advertising and exposure of detectorists skills and manufacturers products that could result in better equipment.
      What would be a possible negative?  Some of us would rather keep ourselves invisible to the public at large.  Some of that would be lost.
      What say you?
      Mitchel

• By Glenn in CO
      Can a vlf or pi machine detect gold telluride?  Does the gold telluride have to be in large concentration in a specimen for a detector to be able to detect it?  Could a Falcon Gold probe detect a gold telluride specimen?  Thanks! for any information or tips you can provide.
    • By mn90403
      Lu found a pick on one of our outings to Quartzsite.  We are trying to do a little research on it.
      I found an eBay item that had a similar mark but the seller does not know anything about the maker.  The mark is a Y P with an anchor between the two letters.
      Does anyone here know about this mark?
      Mitchel

• By okdma
      Hello every one 
      i am honored to be a member in this forums and i am a beginner in this field .
      i want to know if any one have this machine Pulse Star 2 pro and has review on it .
      i am looking for treasures and relics .
      do you suggests to buy Pulse Star 2 pro or GPX 5000 for my search .
      http://www.tb-electronic.de/start/index2.html
    • By fishersari
      Hello there, 
       After few months of heavy used at waterfall, beach and dirt, I'm happy that the MX sport didn't have crack, leakage issue . I'm still learning the language of the MX sports.. Still didn't understand about the threshold, what it use for, what does it tell me when the hum disappear in a brief of time especially at high mineralized ground like beach. And I still not confident using the relic mode, too much information its giving out for me . Thank you very much. HH