Sign in to follow this  
AUddicted

What To Sell A GPZ 7000 For?

Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 

Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 

Thanks much.

Go to eBay, do a search for GPZ 7000 metal detector, click "used" and "sold listings" on left, see what they sold for. Works for any halfway popular items. My standard operating procedure when selling used.

Purchase date, remaining warranty is a critical factor. A thorough cleaning and lots of great photos do wonders. I am amazed at how many people think I want to buy their filthy detector shown in out of focus photos.

• Like 2

Bill Southern has a used gpz with two years warranty for sale for 6200 bucks.... around 6000$ is what I have seen some used units advertised at...

good luck

fred

• Like 2

I agree with Fred.  Got mine slightly used in this price range.

• Like 1

There was a used 7000 advertised for sale on all the forums a couple weeks ago for asking price of $5500.

I now have it listed in the classifieds. Thank you all for the input. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By tboykin
      Planning a pilgrimage and would like some suggestions on 'MUST SEE' stops along the way. I don't want you to blow up your secret spots or jump any claims, just want to hear opinions on any oddities or points of interest that may be off the beaten path (and not in this book - http://www.amazon.com/Nevada-Ghost-Towns-Mining-Camps/dp/0913814040).
      Hoping to make a good video of the trip, and of course find some funny yellow rocks when we're down there. But I always enjoy the drive more than the destination. Open to suggestions for side trips and pit stops anywhere from Bend to Lovelock.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      White's is the only manufacturer I am aware of that makes the LCD window covers easy to replace and easy to get. Just peel the old one off and stick a new one on!

Available at some dealers or online at http://www.whiteselectronics.com/accessories-books?cat=30
    • By OFS
      Hello Everyone

I am new to the Forum and fairly new to detecting. I currently have a GB2 and have for the most part only been nugget shooting in BC. I found that the GB2 did okay but had issues in moderate and high mineralized areas and lost depth rapidly. I am looking to get my next detector for the tool chest and would like something that will give me better depth and performance nugget shooting but it would also be nice if it had some capability on coins, jewelry and relics as most of the people that I know that detect aren't nugget shooting.

With the vast amount of expierience on this Forum what are your reccomendations?

Thanks in advance.
    • By Eklawok
      I am getting back into prospecting/metal detecting for the first time in about 6 years. I would like to pick up a new metal detector that I can prospect with and take out to the parks in the Anchorage area. I am leaning towards a Whites MXT due to it's track record, and I know that I can't go wrong with that choice. But, I know that there are other options out the (e.g. Gold Bug Pro). Some are in the 14 kHz range, and some run upwards of 20 kHz. Is there much of a difference in that 6 kHz range? What are other people's experience with detectors in this area? Am I even asking the right questions? I just don't want to go plop $800 on a new machine to find out that there had been a better choice out there in the same price range. In the past I have been using a Garrett Ace 250, so this will be a step up for me, and probably a whole new learning curve. But I figure that I will pass the 250 down to my daughter and try to get her away from her iPad  :p .
      I have been reading through Steve's reviews as well, and it sounds like there are a lot of good choices out there. This is why I ask, because there are so many good choices.
    • By Roughwater
      If you could choose just one detector in search of gold nuggets in High trash areas what would it be and with what coil?  
      Let me put this question another way.  You have an opportunity to go to a new Pay to play gold mine like Ganes Creek Ak.  Of course you will take your favorite PI detector and if money were not object and you could bring a second detector for the trashy areas given all the new and old detectors available what would you bring to the hunt?

Thanks, 

Terry
    • By Fleng
      Got an invitation to work an old mine in SE AZ. It has a +200-foot deep shaft and I'm looking for a quality entry level detector.
      My thoughts are that in a mineralized medium like this a Gold Bug Pro might be good. Don't think that this one is going to be used for wet salt, underwater, coins, or jewelry. Probably going to get the new Minelab pinpointer to go with it.
      What are the best choices for prospecting for nuggets in an underground shaft?