Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AUddicted

What To Sell A GPZ 7000 For?

8 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

It's been a long time since I've used my GPZ because I had to move away from the Redding area where I was using it regularly. It makes sense to sell it and use the money for a new computer and engineering software for my business. The machine has around 200 hours and works perfect. It still has the original skidplate, so that gives you an idea of the minimal wear and tear. 

Can you please recommend a fair asking price so I can then put it in the classifieds with pictures? 

Thanks much.

Go to eBay, do a search for GPZ 7000 metal detector, click "used" and "sold listings" on left, see what they sold for. Works for any halfway popular items. My standard operating procedure when selling used.

Purchase date, remaining warranty is a critical factor. A thorough cleaning and lots of great photos do wonders. I am amazed at how many people think I want to buy their filthy detector shown in out of focus photos.

2 people like this

Bill Southern has a used gpz with two years warranty for sale for 6200 bucks.... around 6000$ is what I have seen some used units advertised at...

good luck

fred

2 people like this

I agree with Fred.  Got mine slightly used in this price range.

1 person likes this

Thank you guys. I appreciate the feedback. 

I also got mine for a similar price…

There was a used 7000 advertised for sale on all the forums a couple weeks ago for asking price of $5500.

I now have it listed in the classifieds. Thank you all for the input. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By mysia
      hello masters.
      Electron and gold coins come out in the area we are in. Can you give me machine advice?
      maximum 1500 $
    • By Reno Chris
      So while lots of folks were able to make the Las Vegas GPAA gold show that concluded Sunday afternoon, many could not make it. This year the GPAA has experimented with a couple things including a live broadcast of interviews with various dealers and other folks. Some of it is pretty good, while other parts are so-so, but its easy enough to fast forward through parts you dont care about. There are a lot of interesting people at these shows and they got some very interesting and entertaining interviews. There are interviews with Bill Southern, the Pomrenke boys from Bearing Sea Gold, Shannon Poe from AMRA, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab (who talks about the GM 1000 with Kevin), Dave Variboff from Goldbay (who sells millions worth of gold specimens) and lots of other folks in the mining and prospecting business. On the second day, because they were running out of good people to interview, they even interviewed me. There is a lot of good information here and it is all saved, but the way facebook archives this stuff, its not that easy to find.
      So here is how you can find it if you want to look in -
      Go to:
      https://www.facebook.com/pg/GoldProspectors/videos/?ref=page_internal
      The videos are not fully labeled, but if you hover over them with your cursor and look at the length, the one that is 1:25:17 long is the one with me in it, I appear at the 45 minute mark, Debbie Smikoski from Minelab follows me at the 1:07:39 mark. A lot of the time before me on the video is Shannon Poe from American Mining Rights Assn. (AMRA). Other folks like Bill southern, Dave Variboff and others are all on the other videos from this weekend. Its worth checking out - its not all 5 star entertainment and information, but there is some really good stuff there. 
    • By Cabin Fever
      I found my first ringed bullet yesterday hunting one of our older parks and I'm trying to put a date on it.   It's hard to find anything older then the 1880s around here although this park is showing some promise with this bullet and my friends 1836 Capped Bust Dime that shocked us last week.  Any help identifying and dating this bullet would be appreciated.   My best guess is that it's about 38 caliber and it weighs 12.46 grams or about 192 grains.  Picked up a couple of Indians, a 16s wheat and a 1908 V Nickel that cleaned up pretty nice along with the bullet. 
      Edit: I measured the ringed end and came up with 5/16 one way and a hair under a half inch the other.
      Bryan

• By mn90403
      We all seem to use a fair bit of technology these days in the pursuit of gold and pleasure.  We have detectors, maps, gps's, phones, books, scans, photos, videos, cameras, stories, etc. etc. not to mention our computers and drives we use to record and back these things up.  Some are mobile and some stay at our homes and some are in the cloud.
      A few months ago one of my devices stopped working and I know I lost some data.  It is data I may not 'need' but without it I don't have it as a record.  I may have lost some find points for the Minelab 3030 on XChange2 because I didn't have a backup of the backup so to say.  Steve sent me some private messages about it but I think it would be a good topic to help us review, store and share our data with someone or not lose it easily.
      What do you do with your computer backups?  Do you just backup online?  When you travel, how do you sync your data so that all files and pictures are current on your devices?  How do you purge your duplicates so you don't run out of storage space on your external and internal memory?  How do you prepare for a trip and what do you do when you come back from a trip?
      I hope to copy someone's procedure or modify mine to a more simple system.
      Mitchel
    • By Franck RACINE
      Hi, i'am new in this forum, i have some questions for steve  Herschbach       
      First, sorry for my poor english, but i'am a froggy French, and you know Frenchies are very bad for english     ....

I sent this from Ecuador, town of PUYO, between Llanganati Mountain and Amazonic Forest..
      I want to go prespecting here for native Gold, here isn't any treasur nor coin and jewelry or militaria to find, just gold, a lot of river contains gold all around Llanganati Mountain, but the soil is mineralised due to the volcanos (here they are everywhere) and contains lot of black ferous stone.. So i'am looking for a PI detector. I spent lot of time in many forums to take all the informations i could found, in fine i saw 3 detectors that can be good for my purpose, i juste want steve to tell me if my conclusions are good or not and help me to make my choice.

The 3 detectors i'am looking for are : Minelab SDC 2300 - GARRETT ATX - Minelab GPX 5000
      The problem is that here in Ecuador the prices are more expensive than in USA :
      Minelab SDC 2300 cost 4000$ - GARRETT ATX cost 4000$  - Minelab GPX 5000 cost 6900$.

The conclusions of my search in forums is that :

- SDC 2300 is good for very small and small Nuggets and quiet good for Medium Nuggets.
      - ATX and GPX 5000 are quiet good for small Nuggets and good for Medium and large Nuggets.

The ATX seem to have the same capabilities than the GPX5000 for less money and it is waterproof like the sdc2300 (here we have lot of hard rain and i want to prospect in and around rivers).
      So i think the ATX seem to be my favorite but i can't make a choice anyway between ATX and SDC. SDC seem to be very resistant for prospecting in mountain in case of fall and chocks and more easy to use for somebody without lot of detector experience like me... GPX seem to be the more powerful but it cost 3000$ more, and i don't know if it is very resistant to the rain and if i can put the coil in the water to prospect the bank of the rivers.

So my questions are :
      - SDC can really be good for other kind of Nuggets than very small one's ?
      - ATX really more complete than SDC2300 for all kind of Nuggets and what about very small Nuggets ?
      - GPX5000 remain the best overall and it's better to pay 3000$ more to have this one ?

What do you think about that and what could be your advise for helping me to make a choice between those detectors ??

Or Maybe you know an other detector better than those 3 for my purpose ??

Thank you very much for your response

Franck RACINE
    • By Ridge Runner
      I find myself nugget hunting alone all the time. The trouble here in Texas it's next to nothing in the way of gold to be found. You find most people coin hunting and some relic hunting. If you said anything about nugget hunting I'm sure they wouldn't know what you're talking about.
      I've got a nugget hunting trip plan and been talking with a friend in another state that did hunt but I don't believe will ever again.
      So tell me if you going it alone and if not then how.
      Chuck