Swifty

A .6 Gram On A Windy Day With The Z

Swifty    92

Southern California Desert, GPZ 7000, settings high yield, normal ground, high smoothing, sens @9 rest at default. It was very windy so the audio is a  no go.

• Like 9

kiwijw    1,338

Nice bit of depth for a .6 gram slug. The ground looked nice & soft to dig. Sweet little find. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

DZ    10

That's a great day wind or not.

Good to hear some threshold  as I've not been out recently.

Thanks

DZ

mn90403    789

Well done Swifty including the filling in of the hole at the end.  That was a deep, loud little guy for the size.  I think if someone had not read it was a .6grammer up front they would never believe their eyes when you only got IT.

I've been there and dug those but they are getting very hard to find now.  We know these are left because the GPXs missed them.  There are still some 2300 nuggets out there.

You are on 9 with a high smoothing.  That will be different than many who will watch this.

The only thing that I think we are missing is how 'faint' the signal was before you set up the camera.  You had taken a couple of scrapes and you hoped it was going to be a nugget.

How faint was it?

Mitchel

beatup    254

great find WTG.

fredmason    1,005

Patrick; that is the most leisurely digging pace I have seen...the gpz sure makes little ones sound grown-up...nice restoration job, except you left footprints...just teasing!

fred 

Swifty    92

The only thing that I think we are missing is how 'faint' the signal was before you set up the camera.  You had taken a couple of scrapes and you hoped it was going to be a nugget.

How faint was it?

Mitchel

Whats missing in the Video is the many iron stones you need to dig that sound just like a nugget. Most of the nuggets I have been getting in this location start off as nothing more the a ground noise and once your down an inch or so then its starts getting to be a repeatable target.

Patrick; that is the most leisurely digging pace I have seen...the gpz sure makes little ones sound grown-up...nice restoration job, except you left footprints...just teasing!

fred 

Fred hows that story go about the 2 old bulls on a hill eyeing the young cows down in the pasture?  Hehe, I take my time, low and slow. No one gets them all but I do try :)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HardPack
      Awoke to a light coming down from the attic access this morning. So I blew out the candle put down the beans, grabbed up the MD and headed up to the surface. Had no idea what I intended to detect in all this snow, perhaps pennies from Heaven. Wasn't long though before I got my first good signal and started digging. Was working this claim on the divide between the Stanislaus and Mokelumne rivers last "Fall" when winter set in and had to lay over for a spell. Don't know exactly what I have detected here but it appears to have crash landed during one of the big blows. I have included a couple photographs so you will be aware of what is headed downhill with the coming of "Spring".
      The triangle pictured in the snow is a log cabin roof with access on the opposite gable. The green object in the other photograph hit in the "tin-foil range" but does not taste like metal. I knocked on what appeared to be a tank hatch but got no reply. Just I started to rebury the thing it started to hum the Marine Corps Hymn at which point I returned to the cabin for some push-ups.
      In what range would a person expect to get for an empty 300 gallon propane tank at depth?

• By Sourdough Scott
      Here is a picture taken on Gold Lake highway today. April 30. Looks to be awhile to get up to the prospecting and detecting areas there. 

• By idahogold
      Latest News!  Cheers,Ig
      Today!
      2Days Ago:

• By idahogold
      Oroville dam Update! At 18:40 he shows ya his "goldpan"!  Cheers,Ig

• By Reno Chris
      I keep reading stuff printed in papers or on other media that is perhaps at best on the verge of sort of true. They are getting desperate for readers / viewers and seem to want to say dang near anything for eyeballs. I heard some funny stories at the GPAA show of folks trying to sneak into the construction area below the Oroville dam spillway - convinced there will be gobs of gold all around because they saw it on TV or in a newspaper. Here are a few recent story lines:
      "Gold hunters in the area tell the Chico Enterprise-Record the floods have "rearranged the rivers" and "move things around." That means gold veins that have been hidden for 200 years are suddenly exposed."
      "According to CBS San Francisco, the floods also swept gold out of abandoned mines and washed it downriver. "
      "While KCRA reports that gold can simply be picked off the ground following major flooding, the best prospecting will come in the summer months when the water has receded."
      C'mon gents! We need to head off to those hills if the gold can now just be picked up off the ground. No doubt gravels have been moved around, gold deposited into crevices and new paystreaks formed. But gold veins hidden since before the 49ers arrived now revealed? I'd guess there are not many. Gold washed out of abandoned mines? I'd guess not much. Gold can just be picked up off the ground? I am sure there are a few new sunbakers sitting around here and there, but not many. I do agree that the best prospecting will come in the summer months when the water levels go down and some good gold will be found, but the media is gone bonkers about saying anything to attract attention.
    • By tboykin
      LOL @Digger Bob making the most out of a big dam problem --- http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/butte/paradise-prospector-a-golden-opportunity-at-the-damaged-spillway/370298858