Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Condor

Deus HF 3rd Outing

9 posts in this topic

WTG  Steve looks like you will be packing the Dues with you from now on.

Nice, almost busting into the subgrain range. Elliptical should be killer then too.

How variable are the gold VDI's?

Jasong,

When I can get a good VDI, they range from mid 40 to mid 50's at 54KHZ. The tiny nuggets produce a good clear tone, but they will hardly register a VDI.  I didn't show the backsides of a couple nuggets.  Clearly specimen type nuggets.

3 people like this

Way to go. Keep the reports coming! Someday I may have a day off,haha

Throw the ring in the tumbler...thanks for the report on the Deus...

strick

WTG!

Rick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      I am going to update this thread/post with links to any reviews of the Deus HF coils I can find as they appear. Remember, the high frequency (HF) coils only work with V4.
      Andy Sabisch 9" HF Coil Review
      Condor - First Impressions 9" HF Coil
      Condor - Second Outing 9" HF Coil
      Condor - Third Outing 9" HF Coil
      Aussie Detectorist Gives 9" HF Coil A Go
      Paul(CA) Tries The 9" HF Coil In Thick Iron Trash

• By Ono
      I heard that in July will be in shops.
    • By principedeleon
      Could a deus xp serve both purpose of a vlf machine while having a very good discrimination ? Or gmt or gb2 and gbp be a better choice ? 
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      Seems some folks already experiencing problems.
      http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2369596

• By rehupuntti
      Great app with deus..

https://m.apkpure.com/xp-detect-unreleased/cz.juicymo.contracts.android.xpdetect

• By Condor
      I took the XP Deus, with new HF round coil, out for another go.  I had detected this bedrock desert wash a few years ago with the Gold Bug II and did pretty well.  Last year I went over it with the SDC 2300, but it was overkill.  The ground is not hot enough, nor deep enough, to justify "pulse induction" and there was a lot of iron trash.  To reach this wash takes a pretty good hike over rough terrain.  Carrying the Deus strapped to my pack was a breeze and I deliberately left my 7000 at home.  The temps reached a little over 100 here in Sunny Yuma, so pack weight starts to matter.  As you can see in the photo this is old conglomerate type false bedrock wash.  There are sections of deeper gravels, but the amount of old iron trash really makes it unattractive for the Z 7000. 
      I started out in the Deus standard V4 Gold Program.  It worked fine, but I really needed some discrimination to handle the nails and fragments of old rusted out cans.  I switched to the V4 standard "Fast"  program only because I had used it to hunt a few parks.  With the "Fast", I took the discrimination down to 4, and lowered to Reactivity to 2, Sens to 85, running in the 54 KHZ mode.
      The machine ran like a dream.  Iron trash basically grunted and clicked in the discrimination.  Larger iron trash busted through the discrimination, but was still recognizable with decent coil control.  The little pickers I found barely registered on the "horseshoe" screen and never gave a VID signature.  They were however, unmistakable audio target signals.  I should have tried the XY screen, but forgot all about it.   None of these nuggets was any deeper than a couple inches, so in essence any competent prospecting detector would have found them.  I did check one target in the 22 KHZ mode and while recognizable, it was nowhere near as definite as the 54 KHZ.  The 9" round coil at 54KHZ is plenty hot enough for small gold, my smallest was .12 gram. In retrospect I should have waited for the elliptical to make pinpointing and recovery a little less cumbersome. 
      I detected for about 2 hrs before the heat became unbearable.  I have a couple short videos on my smartphone, but I'm too computer illiterate to edit and post.  I'll try to get my son to fix them and put them up. 
      I am very happy with the XP Deus, shout out thanks to Rob's Detectors.  As the other Steve has observed, the Deus in theory replaces 2 detectors with just one.  For me, it is now a very competent shallow gold prospecting detector in addition to its superb coin and relic hunting origin.   It more than meets my expectations and certainly has a place in my detecting arsenal.