Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tnsharpshooter

Xp Deus HF Coil Charging Clip Installation - Could Be Problematic

8 posts in this topic

Seems some folks already experiencing problems.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2369596

I have considered getting one of these as even the standard coil gets complaints about the charging clip breaking. It's not the coils of course - just not a very robust charging clip design.

http://www.detectingdoodads.com/store/p38/Coil_Charging_Clip_.html

IMG_1056.JPG

1 person likes this

Where are those available? Never seen one before.    

At the link in the post I posted above. Not tried them myself so I don't know if they are any good.

OK, thanx Steve.                   DD

Zero issues with the charging clip on standard coils both large and small.....but then again I am not a rough handed buffoon..

strick

1 person likes this

I'll take the elipitical now please and promise to be careful with the charging clip...

2 people like this

Personally I too have had no issues using the charging clip over the last couple years with both the 13x11" and 11" coils, only on the new HF coil where the fit is quite tight - and I do look after my equipment.  Might just be the case of trimming down the edges of the skid plate for easier fitment - will have another look tonight to see wha can be done.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      I am going to update this thread/post with links to any reviews of the Deus HF coils I can find as they appear. Remember, the high frequency (HF) coils only work with V4.
      Andy Sabisch 9" HF Coil Review
      Condor - First Impressions 9" HF Coil
      Condor - Second Outing 9" HF Coil
      Condor - Third Outing 9" HF Coil
      Aussie Detectorist Gives 9" HF Coil A Go
      Paul(CA) Tries The 9" HF Coil In Thick Iron Trash

• By Ono
      I heard that in July will be in shops.
    • By principedeleon
      Could a deus xp serve both purpose of a vlf machine while having a very good discrimination ? Or gmt or gb2 and gbp be a better choice ? 
    • By rehupuntti
      Great app with deus..

https://m.apkpure.com/xp-detect-unreleased/cz.juicymo.contracts.android.xpdetect

• By Condor
      I got back out with the Deus HF today.  I pushed into an area I have strenuously avoided with non-discriminating detectors because it is littered with 1940's vintage rusted out cans and ferrous junk.  I ran the Deus with the same settings as on my 2nd go.  I picked up the 2 biggest nuggets right next to an old pile of cans.  The GPZ would have been howling with just proximity to that much junk. 
      I wondered how hot the 9" round HF coil would be on small stuff.  I got my answer, the smallest was .07 gram wedged in a tiny bedrock crack.  The signal was unmistakable, although I was doubting it until I busted out the crack. 
      The biggest surprise was a ring down in a bedrock pocket.  I dismissed it as a piece of plumbing copper expansion collar until I looked closely and saw engraved initials and a stamp indicating 14k.  Perhaps it was originally plated with 14k gold, but after a quick soak in CLR, it sure looks like copper to me. 
      I'm really liking the Deus for this kind of detecting.  Shallow bedrock, littered with old junk.  The discrimination is spot on.  I dug a number of targets just to check.  Iffy targets like modern nails will bust through the discrimination if you don't tickle the edges and let the software do it's stuff.  I still dug a lot of non-ferrous junk like copper wire and lead bullet fragments, but tolerable at these depths.
      Deus = good times in trashy ground

• By Condor
      I took the XP Deus, with new HF round coil, out for another go.  I had detected this bedrock desert wash a few years ago with the Gold Bug II and did pretty well.  Last year I went over it with the SDC 2300, but it was overkill.  The ground is not hot enough, nor deep enough, to justify "pulse induction" and there was a lot of iron trash.  To reach this wash takes a pretty good hike over rough terrain.  Carrying the Deus strapped to my pack was a breeze and I deliberately left my 7000 at home.  The temps reached a little over 100 here in Sunny Yuma, so pack weight starts to matter.  As you can see in the photo this is old conglomerate type false bedrock wash.  There are sections of deeper gravels, but the amount of old iron trash really makes it unattractive for the Z 7000. 
      I started out in the Deus standard V4 Gold Program.  It worked fine, but I really needed some discrimination to handle the nails and fragments of old rusted out cans.  I switched to the V4 standard "Fast"  program only because I had used it to hunt a few parks.  With the "Fast", I took the discrimination down to 4, and lowered to Reactivity to 2, Sens to 85, running in the 54 KHZ mode.
      The machine ran like a dream.  Iron trash basically grunted and clicked in the discrimination.  Larger iron trash busted through the discrimination, but was still recognizable with decent coil control.  The little pickers I found barely registered on the "horseshoe" screen and never gave a VID signature.  They were however, unmistakable audio target signals.  I should have tried the XY screen, but forgot all about it.   None of these nuggets was any deeper than a couple inches, so in essence any competent prospecting detector would have found them.  I did check one target in the 22 KHZ mode and while recognizable, it was nowhere near as definite as the 54 KHZ.  The 9" round coil at 54KHZ is plenty hot enough for small gold, my smallest was .12 gram. In retrospect I should have waited for the elliptical to make pinpointing and recovery a little less cumbersome. 
      I detected for about 2 hrs before the heat became unbearable.  I have a couple short videos on my smartphone, but I'm too computer illiterate to edit and post.  I'll try to get my son to fix them and put them up. 
      I am very happy with the XP Deus, shout out thanks to Rob's Detectors.  As the other Steve has observed, the Deus in theory replaces 2 detectors with just one.  For me, it is now a very competent shallow gold prospecting detector in addition to its superb coin and relic hunting origin.   It more than meets my expectations and certainly has a place in my detecting arsenal.