Bada Bing

Unexpected Way To Pay For The 19" Coil

Mr. Bada Bing;

Please do not expect an invitation from me to go prospecting. I love sleeping late and hate getting skunked. And then you would have the nerve to post your success on the premiere prospecting forum!

Congratulations on your find anyway.

• Like 2

I got 5g of little stuff as well ... beat them twice .... oh the humanity .....

I thoroughly enjoy my wins as they do not come often with the blokes I detect with. They would have 50+ years combined experience. I'm a noobie compared to that.

Of interest - the 4500 had a 17" evo coil on it. That coil has really impressed me and is a great coil on big and small gold.

This just illustrates the difference between the 7000 and other detectors on finely disseminated gold.

Cheers

BB

• Like 1

And that is indeed an exceptionally fine example of disseminated "invisible" gold. The GPZ really shows its magic on that stuff. Congratulations and thanks for posting!

• Like 1

Congrats on the specimen and a heck of a great story to go with it.

• Like 1

WOW...:ohmy:... What great find... Congrats...

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your story. Don't let up on your mates, follow up with a photo of a nice 20 gram button.

My experience with the 19" is the same as yours, so hopefully in a few weeks I will scrub a hot rock out of the way the same. Were you in High Yield or Difficult.

• Like 1

I'll follow up with t-shirts ..... what are mates for.

General / difficult  - never used high yield. I try to stay in normal as much as possible but that is really ground dependant.

Cheers

• Like 2

Awesome find. Nice reward for getting out of the swag nice and early 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kiwijw
      Hi there Team,  Headed off Saturday with all intentions to swing the 19" coil on my Zed. But it didn't happen......again, due to lambing ewe's in the paddock of my choice. The joys of spring time. It was all rather picturesque though with the wild thyme bushes out in purple flower. Not 19" coil friendly country. But gold in them hills none the less.

Even in the old timers prospect pits & turned over gully workings.

So I stuck with the 14" coil but upped my game from sensitivity 18 to full max 20, High Yield/ Normal. Tried General/normal but High Yield/Normal was the one. In my rush to head out the door I had left my Pro-Swing Harness behind  I had recharged the B&Z booster batteries, the detector battery & the WM12 & put them in my back pack but not the harness. Result being I couldnt use the B&Z booster as the duel speakers & cables were on the harness. So I upped the WM12's volume to max & my back pack has the "D" ring on the shoulder straps in the same place as the Pro-Swing Harness so there was no problems with the detectors weight & clipping the bungy to the "D" ring on the pack.
      I hit a well flogged patch area so was detecting very slow coil sweeps just above the ground & with the swing arm keeping a very smooth, even & controlled motion to try to maintain a steady threshold. As steady as you can with the sensitivity up at 20, using that extra noise as my "new" threshold. It is amazing how a target signal lifts & stands out above that extra noise. Your mind & ear just seems to adjust to it & you can pick it out amongst the other noises. I wasn't long into it when I had my first "lift" in the "new" threshold.

It wasnt deep & it was big either but it was gold.

The next signal was very faint & after the initial scrape & dig it was still in the ground & I was into the rotten schist bedrock. So I was pretty confident that it wasn't going to be rubbish.

I was hoping it would live on down & be a multi grammer,

but then suddenly it was out. The biggest of the day at .7 of a gram

The rest were pretty small to tiny. But the depth to size with the Zed still blows me away. I guess with sensitivity at 20 helps.
      Again...down into the rotten bedrock schist

Almost a surface dweller.

But look how small for that 14" coil.

About 6" deep

Still...not bad depth for the size of it

Ended up with 13 bits. The smallest was .04 of a gram. Total of 2.34 grams. Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

Cheers
      Good luck out there
      JW
    • By Sourdough Scott
      Went out detecting this morning. Have been trying to go find new areas to detect.
      So have been reading,researching, and mapping. For the most part I've been going to pounded out workings.
      It was not working for me. Was going on a 2 week drought. It was starting to make me wonder what the heck I was doing wrong.
      So this new area I had in mind had favorable geology to me. It looked right. But no evidence of any serious mining activity. But it looked and felt right.
      So I headed up this dry gulch. Sq nail, sq nail, Square nail. Then wire, bullet, nail, and tin. I was like here we go again.
      I decided to get out of the dry creek. I had saw this saddle while scouting the area earlier. So I gave it a walk to.
      I got to the area. Went thru the auto tune and ground balance procedure and started swinging.
      The ground was still wet from the recent rains.
      So I worked in High Yield, Normal ground, and no smoothing. I also turned my threshold down a bit.
      I swung for about 25 minutes, Then I hit the biggest nugget of the day first.
      I did eventually go into Difficult ground for awhile. And also low smoothing when the detector starting getting noisy.
      But would switch back and forth when conditions allowed.
      There was not any dig holes in the area that I seen. So it seems I'm the 1st in the area with a detector.
      One of my most fun days detecting ever.

• By LuckyLundy
      I was out for a hunt this morning before the next storm blows in. Our ground is pretty wet from the previous rain and is fairly noisy with plenty false signals to check. I was just about to shift gears on my GPZ, to rid the hot spots when I received a good solid signal that raised my right eyebrow! I busted some soil out and slid my skid in for a listen, a square nail or a nugget I tell myself from the nice tone. I plow out some more and check the hole for the booming target, it was out of the hole! So, I check the pile of dirt with no luck of the booming target. I look at my magnet, nothing stuck to it so I set it down to the side. I recheck the two piles of dirt, kicking and cussing for the missing target. I told myself check your pick one last time for a nail, I pick it up and again look at the magnet, except this time I spot the nugget stock in some dirt that was stuck to my pick! Mystery solved, can you see it...don't give up on a good target, lol. 1.60 dwts. Until the next hunt
      LuckyLundy

• By strick
      Headed up to the high sierras on Friday for quick one day recon mission. I wish I could have spent at least 3-4 days up there. Hopfully in the next few weeks that will happen. Beautiful country. The amount of work that the old timers did is amazing. Boulders stacked 15 feet high. And trenches 15 feet deep. What a way to make a living. We have it so easy now a days. Makes you wonder what the gold was like back then. Were there 5 gallon buckets to throw it in?
      Got the meet the legendary Klunker finally. Thanks Norm for taking the time to drive up and meet with us and show us where the claims are. Your Bernese Mountain dog is a compliment to your good looks.
      strick

• By Lunk
      Back home now for the summer in northern Idaho, I got out to swing the mighty Zed for a couple hours at an old spot where the skunk now dominates when searching with a vlf or pi machine. I got the first signal within the first minute after powering on, and after six inches of digging the target was out of the hole and in my scoop - a small golden "watermelon seed" nugget. At that point I knew it was going to be another productive outing with the Zed. Most of the gold unearthed was small and thin - more like flakes than nuggets - too deep for the vlf's and invisible to the pi's. It's going to be a great summer thanks to ZVT!

• By Reno Chris
      I got out to do a little metal detector prospecting in California yesterday, and got my first nugget of 2017. I've not done any prospecting for months and this was the first time I'd been out prospecting this year.  It's been a rough past few months. Some of you may know why, my mom passed away a couple weeks ago. So I decided this would be a good time for me to get away and to take my dad as well for a short day trip to get away from things for a few hours.
      It was tough to get over the hill into California even on a sunny dry day - I80 westbound has been closed most of the last few days and they were diverting westbound car traffic at Hwy 20 and holding westbound trucks at the state line. A small section of a hill just east of Alta is just sliding down on the freeway like toothpaste. Caltrans clears off what flows onto the road and then more flows down. We were also in a stop and go traffic jam from mogul  - just west of Reno - to nearly the state line as NDOT did emergency repairs on the Nevada side. However, once I made it in, it was a beautiful sunny day. In the gold country, I could see the rivers are all running high and water is flowing down every little drainage. I saw a lot of little mud and rock slides and places where erosion has done damage to the roadways. It was also very green in the lower elevations of the gold country as all the grass and little plants are springing to life. It's still full on winter here around Reno.
      I-80 west is finally open this morning, but the next round of storms arrives tomorrow (Thursday).
      I dug a lot of little bullet frags and bird shot, but it was great just to get out and stretch my legs. I think the little nugget I dug was about my 5th target. It weighs 0.2 grams. Not much but it is gold and now I have something in my bottle for 2017. Gotta start somewhere!