Succeeding In Hot Soil

Nice gold, Lucky!

Yeah, when I was around /in Rye Patch a few weeks ago I got a fantastic signal.  After digging deep I went and got a shovel...dug some more ( breathing hard the whole time) and then, and then...the signal was gone gone gone...a true hot spot with nothing but work to show for it...

so sad

fred

• Like 7

I get those deep sweet signals out in the desert from time to time that sound exactly like a large deep nugget. They are ones that usually require I get the shovel, and every one so far has turned out to be a mineralized spot that finally just disperses out into a pile of hot lumps. The only thing good about them is they have been fairly rare for me, as I seem to have no solution but to dig them. I can indeed use settings that alleviate or eliminate them, but then I go crazy thinking that maybe I have talked myself out of digging that big nugget. So I dig them.

There is a hot signal out there also that turns out to be this particular type of shattered rock. It is a hot rock, but they are always broken into shards, like they exploded underground. Weird.

• Like 7

"It is a hot rock, but they are always broken into shards, like they exploded underground"

Steve, you might check carefully to be sure it is not some type of chrondrite...although,I have found a few weird hotrocks that do not not look like the usual suspects out that way...

fred

5 hours ago, fredmason said:

Nice gold, Lucky!

Yeah, when I was around /in Rye Patch a few weeks ago I got a fantastic signal.  After digging deep I went and got a shovel...dug some more ( breathing hard the whole time) and then, and then...the signal was gone gone gone...a true hot spot with nothing but work to show for it...

so sad

fred

I feel your pain Fred.  At a spot not far from where I live I have dug three deep signals in hard ground that I was totally convinced were actual targets and I dig out that last scoop of dirt and the signal is gone completely :sad:

• Like 5

Kiwi JW,

Theres still a ton of snow in the high country of Northern California.  Talking about snow skiing into July!  It will be nice to look at it from a distance and wishing to be rolling around in it soon enough here, lol.

Rick

• Like 1

we got around 18 inches of snow wednesday and thursday in the high country here it just won't end this year.

• Like 1