XP Deus HF Elliptical Coil Delayed Until July?

Ono

Hey Steve and members,

That is correct, the XP 9-inch elliptical HF coils have shipped.  I will have my first batch mid-week if all turns out well.  I have another order right behind it, as I think they will sell quickly as everyone has been waiting for them.  

I have them now listed on my site - https://www.robsdetectors.com/xp-deus-9-5-elliptical-waterproof-dd-high-frequency-search-coil/

Just a FYI.  

• Like 1

Guy on Tnet says the new coil won't do better than 5" on a wheat cent with any setting.

Anyone else own one to provide insight, verify his experience?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/546676-first-thoughts-review-new-xp-deus-elliptical-coil-2.html#post5461297

22 minutes ago, Deft Tones said:

Guy on Tnet says the new coil won't do better than 5" on a wheat cent with any setting.

Anyone else own one to provide insight, verify his experience?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/546676-first-thoughts-review-new-xp-deus-elliptical-coil-2.html#post5461297

After I read that I tried to cancel my order and wait on some other reviews, but it had shipped already.  I should have it by Wednesday so I guess I will see.

• Like 1

I doubt this coil would get "more depth" in absolute terms on high conductive coins. Any of the existing coils should be better choices for pulling copper and silver coins at depth. However, this coil may pull coins at two or three inches in dense trash that are missed by the other coils simply by virtue of the narrow footprint. This is a sniper coil, not a deep seeker.

Same guy is quoting a 3.5" air test on half gram gold nugget running at 80 kHz.

Does 5" air test on a wheat cent at 14khz sound normal for a 5"x9" DD coil?

I assume that must be acceptable.

The 4x6 sharpshooter paired with my V3i hits coins, but just barely, out to six inches air testing 3 frequency, but I have never dug a coin that deep in the field that I can recall. I would expect at least the same from the new coil air testing at 14khz, or whatever the lowest frequency is.

Oh, I would not say 5" air test on a penny sounds good! I just was pointing out that out of all the coils made for the DEUS so far I would expect this one to get the least absolute depth on high conductive coins no matter the frequency. How much less remains to be seen.

I think people do have reason to be concerned and perhaps hold back. This coil was delayed a couple extra months and never a word of explanation. Some kind of issue to be overcome? I don't know, but the old wisdom about not being the first kid on your block to get new detecting toys still holds true. This is not just a coil but is actually a $425 metal detector and so a lot more is going on here than just wire in a housing.

The DEUS HF elliptical was designed for and is marketed as a gold prospecting coil, so how it fares in highly mineralized ground on small gold nuggets versus my GM1000, Gold Racer and Gold Bug 2 are questions at the top of my list. The 3.5" air test on a half gram nugget does not sound good either, but as always it's real world results that matter.

• Like 1

Part of my desire for this coil is that it perhaps does not beat a Gold Bug 2 but is close enough to do the trick, given it can be used to coin, jewelry, and relic hunt. But if it does well on gold but not well enough on coins etc. then you are back to needing at least two detectors (or at least two Deus coils) to get a good balance in performance. The 9" round HF coil may be the better compromise, with the elliptical tilted too heavily to the gold nugget side of the equation.

I expect I will have one of these coils next week so we will see. I can't imagine XP releasing a complete loser of a coil.

Now the guy reporting the poor depth says "never mind"! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/546676-first-thoughts-review-new-xp-deus-elliptical-coil-5.html#post5464355

xp-deus-with-5x9-elliptical-hf-coil.jpg

• Like 1