Mitchel, my friend...I repeat-just teasing!!!!

I confess nugget hunting is exactly that-HUNTING, HUNTING and occasionally finding.

I have only been on a few small patches where almost every target was gold.  The patch I found in the Northern Territory in 2003 was every nugget hunter's dream. Not a bit of trash. What a thrill! El Dorado's Patch was a close second with almost every signal a nugget....and then there is The Rest of the Story...which will remain obscure for now.

I have spend days hunting and not finding...for most of us, that is the way it goes...so sad.

fred

• Like 2

G'day Mitchel, :biggrin:

Thanks for the advise,

I have thoroughly researched the area I am detecting in and I have found gold there.  

I just wanted to get advise on settings and adjustments as wanted to get some confirmation on what I was doing and where I needed help.

I didn't want to know your "patches" :biggrin:

Thanks all for the info guys.

• Like 2

Hi JW :biggrin:

The area I work is mineralised ground, I can get away with High Yield/ Normal that's usually my go to when I start.

I auto ground balance with the ferrite, but I should check the ferrite balance more often.:rolleyes:

I try to keep a clean smooth sweep action, I didn't use the swing arm at first but i did last time i went out and it does make detecting easier.

I have tried steves insanely hot settings, bit odd at first to be "in the dark" i wouldn't detect like that all the time but maybe on mullock heaps?

Your a champion JW :smile: thanks heaps for the help, i cant wait to get out this weekend and get on the hunt

• Like 2