Pro Sonic Audio System

Using the GPX with wired headphones is a pain in the neck for me. So I was looking for a wireless option. When I saw the Pro Sonic system I went ahead and ordered it. What a relief, so much more freedome without the cable. Especially the heavy GPX with all it's cables and the harness makes it so much more pleasant not to have another cable. I can place the detector away from the target area while digging and don't have to take my headphones off. No more cable getting snagged at the handle, no more dangeling wire.

Another benefit, on a hot day, I just clip the receiver to the shoulder strap of the Pro Swing 45 and use the speaker instead of headphones. 

About a possible delay in audio responds, so far I have not noticed any delay. Audio is spot on as the coil passes over the target.

Another nice to have feature especially on a GPX is the volume adjustment on the receiver module.

So in conclusion, I can say, I am very pleased with the Pro Sonic. I paid $269 for the system. Is it worth the money when you compare it to the Garrett or Deteknix systems? Maybe not. I think the only benefit is the built in speaker of the ML system. Other than that, if you are on a budget or you only use headphones, go ahead and buy the Garrett or Deteknix and safe more than half. I think ML needs to come down with the price to make it more attractive. So why did I buy it?  Ohh well I guess I am a ML fan boy ?

FschJg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A quock addition, I ordered a Gold Screamer a while back. Not the power pack version, just the regular Gold Screamer which uses the ML battery. The system worked but with all the cables it was a mess. Two short cables to connect the GS in line with the battery plus another cable for the external speaker.

Well the Pro Sonic eliminates all of that plus I can mount the receiver with the build in speaker on the Pro Swing45 right on my shoulder. I actually have to turn down the audio because is is way too loud. So if anybody wants a Gold Screamer, I have one to get rid of.

Yes I got it for $265 which is still expensive.

• 1 month later...

After 3x charging the Pro Sonic the LED of the receiver module will not switch to blue (fully charged) even after several hours on the charger. I just contacted Jamie at Minelab to ask for help. I am a bit disappointed!