MX Sport And V3i

With the versatility of the V3i I was wondering what settings I would have to make to set it up to emulate the MX Sport....

There are settings for the V3i to emulate the MXT, I have used them out of curiosity and found they work pretty well but my mode of choice is still stereo mixed mode.

V3i is my favourite machine, but has slow recovery speed. I'm working in mixed mode only. I love it.

MX Sport is not good machine. A lot of software errors. This unit is unfinished.

27 minutes ago, Shelton said:

MX Sport is not good machine. A lot of software errors. This unit is unfinished.

:rolleyes:  For YOU it is not a good machine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions! A simple YouTube search will show what others think of the MX Sport, and their incredible finds. Sometimes you just don't connect with a machine, that doesn't make it bad. For example - the XP "Deuce" is a fine detector... I just can't stand how it sounds! My opinion but hardly gospel. Also, try setting the Reject Volume at 40 for your alloy military buttons, or opening up your Disc mask to about -40. It should help a great deal. But still, it just might be too much raw horsepower for some.

2 hours ago, johnedoe said:

With the versatility of the V3i I was wondering what settings I would have to make to set it up to emulate the MX Sport....

Try lowering the Recovery Delay down to about 30 (might have to play with this) and go into the Expert Menu to adjust the tones how you like them. You can assign any VDI to a tone. For a four tone mode emulation on the MX Sport you can put VDI's in certain buckets on your V3i. Bonus is YOU decide which ones. Takes time but can really help if your ears are setup like mine.

I don't think the V3i will ever feel as fast as the MX Sport. The V is a beast of a machine, but the Sport just has a zip that most other detectors don't have. The AT Pro comes close and the "Deuce" is right up there too. But the V3i has strengths in other areas - saltwater, iron ID, and pure flexibility to setup however a user wants.

Shelton

That is harsh words for the MX Sport. The question I have for you have you ever had a MX Sport ? Even when I don't like a detector I just say it's not for me.

I am glad you like the V3i and at a higher cost it should do a lot more. In fact it's so great go whole it down under water for  about 5 minutes and this will say how great it was. You can see I used the past tenths and that's where you will find it.

I have a MX Sport from day one and yes I went to hell in back getting the bugs out. I still have my MX Sport and I'm not saying perfect but I'm not either.

Chuck   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

That is harsh words for the MX Sport. The question I have for you have you ever had a MX Sport ?

Yeah, actually Shelton did have an early MX Sport with the issues. Not everyone is required to be forgiving and put up with problems to the degree you did Chuck. It was a flawed release and this is the price White's pays for that.

On the other hand to the best of my knowledge White's ironed out all the issues finally and the MX Sport is now a stable performer at a good price. Sheltons opinion may not reflect the latest release of the machine, but he is certainly entitled to his opinion. My request to all - don't shoot the messenger.

• Like 1

Steve is right guys. In each of us we have our own opinion and have the right to say so.

I just wish Humble Pie came in more than one flavor.

Chuck

• Like 1

LOL.... I prefer Blackberry humble pie....:biggrin: