Some Recent Finds From Hillsides With Quartz Reefs

Very nice gold there Duetran

What a pick up

Cheers Norm

Beautymus!

Wow, I can't decide which group I like most!!  Very interesting how different the reef gold is from the other hillside sources.  I would like to learn more about how that happens.   

Hi Andyy

For some reason I had never really taken an interest in the quartz reefs and mines until finding some nice gold last year in a few locations.I can now see how the gold changes from Elluvial,colluvial and Alluvial as it moves away from the source.My setup changes depending on the type of ground I'm looking in.For example I will switch to fine gold with higher Rx and sometimes smaller coils in and around the bouldery quartz specimen areas.In loose quartz gravels with a cement base I use fine gold with a larger coil for depth with higher gains as there is less mineralization and then in the red clays Hi mineral with Alluvial gold further down I switch to Enhance with lower gain and Stab for solid pieces slug type gold.When the Red clay gets moisture its very hard penetrate so better to wait for it to dry and detect higher up on those days.

• Like 5