Identity Of Minelab Shovel

Talking shovels, any of you Minelab guys ever seen a shovel like this??   28 inches long, just a baby round pointed shovel. Was given to me by a guy that had several Minelab detectors.

IMG_18891.jpg

• Like 3

Minelab sent one to me after I purchased a GPX detector a while back - was a total surprise.  I use mine at the soils and aggregates lab here at Allwest Testing & Engineering, where I work during the summer months. 

IMG_0833.thumb.JPG.0b4b2a1cb12ff4c3dc4fac451f1defca.JPG

• Like 3

It was part of the GPX 5000 "first 100 buyers get special promotional shovel" deal. Given the price of the detector I imagined a gold or chrome plated shovel engraved with Bruce Candy's signature. I admit I was vaguely disappointed when it turned out to be a common garden spade that had a Minelab logo embossed on it.

Very rare, probably worth a million dollars on eBay in pristine condition. :smile:

• Like 6

Same as Lunk, Minelab sent me one, when the gpx5000 first came out, and I purchased one, still have it somewhere ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Given the price of the detector I imagined a gold or chrome plated shovel engraved with Bruce Candy's signature.

Hey that's exactly what I thought too!?

• Like 1

I have one...  It's an Ames brand shovel.  I got it when I bought my GPX 5000!  It is probably worth a lot with that in mind, kind of like my fine Minelab coffee cup, that puppy cost me 5 grand to get as well!

Largo... 

• Like 2

thanks for letting me know I have such a valuable shovel. I had never seen anyone mention it so wondered where it came from. New

never used--for sale 1/2 price--half million

• Like 7