Following A Lead To A Spill

Jewelry section needs more posts. I can do that. Nothing spectacular, but he coolest thing about this post is that the lead panned out for once. 

I was reading some vendor reviews for an event that recently took place, an arts and crafts show, when a participant mentioned sudden high winds and a storm caused some damage. Bemoaning their's and a few other's losses got me to thinking about checking it out. So after a bit of planning I set out to search over the area and see what was left behind :ph34r:. It was pretty clean ground, and after three different two hour nights with occasional clad and foil, I hit onto this 7 foot area with scattered jewelry. A watch, then earring, then ring. By the third score I was so excited! Surface finds right at the base of the grass for easy picking. Whoo hooo! Cha-ching! I went home on air. Was a hell of a good time.

After cleaning them up in my early Father's day gift that my boys couldn't wait to tell me about :laugh:, an ultrasonic cleaner.... every one is junk. 

Here is my face as that progressed. :biggrin: :blink: :sad:  The gold drought continues... thanks for nothing you cheap, starving artists! I was so bummed I took almost 5 days off from detecting instead working around the house and just cleaning past finds I don't want to tumble as I sorted them out of the buckets. Put me in a detecting funk, but we're out now. New quarter has begun!

The time is near... I can smell that gold! Come to papa!

Stay motivated and keep swinging.

• Like 5

That is a good post, Deft Tones.   I like the way you tracked down the lead.   I wish all those rings would have been 18 kt for your sake.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

A for effort. I dug so many junk rings this past winter it gets depressing. Started relic hunting a bit more recently. It's good to be able to mix it up. I'm in the bay area (of N. Cal) so when I get sick of park hunting I can head to a beach or the foot hills  etc..

strick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strick said:

A for effort. I dug so many junk rings this past winter it gets depressing. Started relic hunting a bit more recently. It's good to be able to mix it up. I'm in the bay area (of N. Cal) so when I get sick of park hunting I can head to a beach or the foot hills  etc..

strick

Thanks.

I so wish I had more varied detecting locations. Unfoutunately when I want to change it up I'm pretty much left with parks, private residences, or farm land.

There is only one public beach in my area that is not State owned and under State restrictions... and that one beach is completely pounded by everyone multiple times a month, at least.

Wish there were nuggets in our soil. We've flour gold but nothing detectable with our machines.

Good luck finding treasure!

• Like 1

I hear ya about the locations thing......

The hunting is very limited where I am and to get to someplace that has better potential it is an hours drive or more.

No nuggets here either but fine gold on the beach which I go after every now and then, in fact I think I will go get some today.

Here's a link to what I get on the beach.... Not a lot of gold but something else to do .....

Beach Gold..........

• Like 1

You keep at it and you'll get a good one soon.

• Like 2