Garrett Z-Lynk

I finally tried out the Z-Lynk, wireless detector to headphones system I bought from Chris over at Arizona Outback. I was working very steep ground in Northern California and am truly happy about the purchase. I'm a better prospector using this system. Being able to set the detector aside and concentrate on digging the target is much more appealing, even marginal targets.

I was using the Z-Lynk with Calrad headphones and a Gold Bug 2. I didn't find anything but large and small square nails and spikes, but was in the right area.

Try it, you'll like it,

Mike

• Like 2

I agree Steve.

A question for you. My only problem with this setup so far is having to deal with the long headphone wire which is not needed any more.

Would it be a reasonable task to simply cut out all the excess headphone cord and splice the remaining ends? 

Thanks Steve,

Mike

Just get one of those velcro wraps.. coil the cord and put th wrap around it and there ya go... excess cord wrapped up and out of the way.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2017 at 10:34 PM, delnorter said:

My only problem with this setup so far is having to deal with the long headphone wire which is not needed any more.  Would it be a reasonable task to simply cut out all the excess headphone cord and splice the remaining ends?

A professional electronics tech (or even a good amateur garage variety :smile:) could do that.  My solution has been to put the receiver (in my case the Deteknix model) along with the excess cord in a shirt pocket with closing flap.  But maybe your cord is longer (total length from headphone to 1/4 in jack on mine are ~32 in = 80 cm) or possibly you've stretched it out over time so as to not be dragging your detector through the rocks when you're digging.  Appears from your thumbnail photo that you also like pockets with shirts.  IMO you can't have too many pockets when out metal detecting. 

Thanks guys,.

You're right Steve, I very well could need the headphones without the Z-Lynk. That is a good idea John, Velcro strap it and yes GB, I have stretched out the cord a lot. I think I'll try these suggested fixes before I go the surgery and patch up route.

Mike

• Like 2

Question ...Is the Z - Link compatible with the Minelab SDC 2300 without spending $100 for a adapter cable???   Thanks for any info on this.

IdahoAl

25 minutes ago, IdahoAl said:

Question ...Is the Z - Link compatible with the Minelab SDC 2300 without spending $100 for a adapter cable???   Thanks for any info on this.

IdahoAl

No, you need the SDC adapter cable. In theory that makes the Minelab Pro-Sonic a better deal for the SDC since the Pro-Sonic comes with the adapter. But with Pro-Sonic at US$269 and Z-Lynk at US$128 you can buy the Z-Lynk and SDC adapter and still be money ahead.

garrett-z-lynk-wireless-kit.jpg