That Rudy sure knows how to sniff them nuggets out... like a Redbone hound.  I ran into him while I was up there couple weeks ago and he was kind enough to share some of his secrets with me. Nice work Fellas..

strick 

• Like 1

Strick,

Rudy, in his early days was a sponge with big ears.  He listened, learned and now very common of him to out shot his Sensei.  Wish you were out there, he really drank all my beers celebrating his hot coil, lol

Rick

• Like 1

Randy,

Rudy & I, missed seeing you this last Winter/Spring in Rye Patch.  We talked about you helping out with Rudy's last big nugget at this location.  This one was about 100 yards from the one you helped us dig.  We had another couple watching this dig with big smiles as they held his nugget!  Hope to see ya soon,

Rick

• Like 2

Rick,  Just a few days ago I was thinking that it had been a while since I have seen any news from you on the forum. You sure put a smile on my face with this story about your recent Rye Patch adventure. I was taking a lunch break at my shop when I read about your very successful outing with Rudy and Steve. Let me tell you, it sure got me pumped about getting back to R-P in a few months!!! I was so jazzed that I almost ruined a couple of parts that I was machining on my lathe!!! I could not concentrate on the task at hand, just kept thinking about you guys digging up that big deep nugget that Rudy nailed!!! 

All the best to you, Robin, and the gang........ I would wish you luck, but skill and confidence seems to work for you guys.

Well Done!!!

Joe 

• Like 2

Joe,

Your visits this last Winter/Spring were not kind to any prospector!  But, we did locate a couple spots for the now ground conditions to yield dividends.  I'm sure your on Wolf Pack Detecting on FaceBook, I post most of our weekly finds there.  Looking forward to your next visit with a "Hunt with the Bunch!"

Rick

• Like 1

Thanks Rick for the awesome story. We had a ton of fun. Whenever anyone tells you "there's no more gold at rye patch" remember ricks story. Three guys detected a total of one day and got almost a ounce. Plenty of gold left. I can wait to get back. I'll be fighting the heat 4th of July weekend. Hope I find another fatty!

IMG_1164.JPG

• Like 8