How To Get Your Old " Friend " To Cough Up Some Gold

If the honeymoon is over and your bestie just isn't giving up the goods anymore, here is my advice:

1.  Start shopping for a new detector.  Make sure your old friend is in the room while you discuss the merits of various new machines with your significant other.

2.  Watch other machines in action on youtube videos.  Make sure computer screen is in line of sight of old friend.

3.  Loudly announce when you go out to hunt the beach that there's going to be "only a few more trips with this antique".

4. Dig up 22kt pendant with diamonds on 3rd target.

It's marked 916 on the back.  Too bad the biggest diamond is missing.  Might have to take the old DFX out again tomorrow.

dolphin sm.jpg

• Like 8

:biggrin:.... Yup.. nothing like a little threat to job security to straighten up an old employee....

• Like 1

And if passive agressiveness doesn't work turn it up a notch with direct threats.

"I'm not above disassembling you and parting you out. I'll do it!"

Nice score! :cool:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Deft Tones said:

And if passive agressiveness doesn't work turn it up a notch with direct threats.

"I'm not above disassembling you and parting you out. I'll do it!"

Nice score! :cool:

:biggrin:  

Or even "posing" it for Ebay photos....just in case. Thanks Deft!

• Like 2

Still a very nice piece of jewelry.

:smile:

• Like 1

Thanks, ya'll!  I did take it out the next day (after mentioning Craig's List).  It found me a very nice 24 inch 925 rope chain necklace with a musical note pendant on it.  I'm still getting the Infinium when a used one comes up on Ebay.  I'd really rather have the ATX, but I'm no spring chicken anymore and I think that swinging 7 lbs might put me in an early grave.  :biggrin:  Now if there was just a way to hip/chest mount that ATX box.....

2 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

Now if there was just a way to hip/chest mount that ATX box.....

There might be, but it doesn't look like an official Garrett solution:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/garrett-atx-metal-detector-accessories.htm#.UsCzAX-9KSM

You might have heard of this Steve guy.  I'm sure he'll chime in.

• Like 1

Actually, I've been bothering Steve all morning via PM. LOL. He's such a good sport!  Not many guys would take time from their busy day to help an old granny like me. :smile:

I showed Hubby that pic of Steve with the back-pack rig.  http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/58-garrett-atx-backpack-modification/   

He says I'll be a shoe-in for the coveted Melbourne Beach-Rat Nerd Trophy for sure.  Yeah, see if he gets any of those piles of gold rings and nuggets I'm gonna find with it!  :biggrin:

The only thing I'd be worried about is keeping the ATX waterproof-ness (is that even a word?) with a non-ATX coil.  I wonder if there's any way to mount the stock ATX coil on a lightweight rod?

Maybe I need to start working out and stop being such a wimp-ette!