Deluxe Field Toilet

5 gallon bucket and a toilet seat always worked for me.

Yours is a bit heavier to carry but looks more stable.

I see a new product to market, The Prospector Potty. :laugh:

• Like 1

Steve, I had to laugh when I saw the thread.

Last year both of my boys(I say boys but they are grown men) went elk hunting with me.

One of the boys said "I'm not squatting" and came up with this idea"

comfort chair.jpg

• Like 1

I need one of those for the wife.

I went fishing and took her along.   Drove around the lake until I found my spot for the day.  Got there and got out of the truck and heard the words, "I've got to pee".   I get back in the truck and drive her to a toilet. (she is frail with bad hips).  When finished I drive back out to the spot, get my gear out and get all setup when I hear this, "honey I'm sorry but I got to go to the bathroom again, #2".   I pack all my gear back up and drive her back to the toilet.  When finished I drive back to my "spot" only now to find someone else parked and fishing my honey hole.  sigh.

This is one I've been looking at, the bumper dumper.  But your chair model ( with arms for support) looks to be a better idea.  Especially if I can integrated it into a bumper dumper.

91WOMUDsaDL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Like 4

I never thought Steve would finally admit to aging and its various issues? 

I like the folding chair idea tho, just add a bucket underneath and disposable toilet bags from the Sportsmen Guide store.

I hear the Forest Service doesn't like human waste on their/our land?  But if the bears can do it, why can't we?

Oh, and the squat over the hole routine can be quite embarrassing when you do stand up and a passerby just happens to be right close.....oops....

• Like 2

Steve your chair is a very nice solution, may build one someday and as usual a lot of good solutions here even for natures call. Made the mistake of walking into a roadside rest stop deep in the China country side, no matter how fast you look away some things can't be unseen, really could have used one of those folding chairs then, it was a long drive to the next city.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

my solution is a five gallon bucket, snap on toilet seat, quality plastic bags and Kitty Litter.

I have used this method for years. The waste can be bagged and tied and hauled out. This is no different than cleaning up dog or cat poop or crappy diapers.  

The system is not meant for women that pee five gallons a day...sorry ladies, there are advantages to being a male person.

fred

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So, I was just in southern Colorado, camping on my Cousin's property in the Canyon. The Canyon has been in their family for about 100 years and was used mostly as a sheep camp on the way to mountain pastures. A wonderful place with deer, elk, turkeys and one very bad bear. During the night I was awakened by some noise, looked out the window and what did I see? A big black bear staring back at me...so I jumped out of bed and opened the door to scare the bear off. He went away but came back to see what was in the trash. The third time he came back I took my 38 and fired a shot...he was not impressed.  At daybreak he was back again. I ran outside and waving my arms and yelling chased the bear...until he stopped, stood up and looked at me. He seemed to be saying, "I have had enough so leave me alone"...so, I left him alone. He circled around and was coming back when my brother fired a shot near him with his 300 savage...that seemed to impress him most as he never came back. When it was total daylight I went to survey the damage. He had got in the trash, no surprise. He got into my executive washroom...broke the  the seat, dumped the bucket and proceeded to consume the stuff he liked best...apparently kitty litter is just good seasoning to that bear. He even tried to carry off the litter container.

So the moral of this story is not only do bears poop in the woods...but they will eat it too

be aware...

fred

DSC02165.JPG

DSC02156.JPG

DSC02158.JPG

DSC02154.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1