Best Piece For A While

Nice one ... It could have been a sunbaker?

I'd say if the weather is good keep on swinging.  We have 110-115F in our gold fields now.

It is time for beach detecting!

Mitchel

PS ... was reading about Bathurst the other day.  Are nuggets still available around there?

• Like 1

No Mitchel, it wasn`t a sun baker, it was about 8 " down and the signal came through as big as a bucket.    
Mate never got any gold at Bathurst but years ago I got a couple of pieces at Sofala and Ophir and I got about a dozen pieces at Native Dog Creek and I`m told if you are prepared to put the time in at Hill End there is still nice gold there.  These four spots are all within about 50-60ks of Bathurst. cheers Dave

When I come to Australia I want to stay a few nights in Bendigo.  I don't know any of the other places, yet.  haha

I`ve only been to Bendigo about 3 or 4 times, but the first time I went there I just pulled up at a spot at random and got a bit of gold about 3 min after I turned my 3000 on  :ohmy:

Steve I took that photo with the camera you gave me and that undetectable speci of mine, I got it about 10ks up river from Sofala about 30yrs ago :smile:

Well done Dave, yeah mate I agree, no use going low and slow till you find something worth slowing down for on virgin ground. good luck in the area mate.:smile:

• Like 1