GB2 Vs. Gold Monster 1000. A New Champion?

I know it is really early in the bout. But possibly is the new kid on the block going to knock out the reining champion of many many years in the gold nugget VLF sport? 

I'm hearing so many good things about the GM 1000. And I'm really leaning on getting one soon. Hearing so many good reports from " Average Joe" dectectorists. 

I have had way more experience and success with Minelab detectors than any other brands. So I guess I speak Minelabbian better than anything else. 

My gut feeling thinks that we might be crowing a new Welterweight Champ. 

I guess time will tell????? 

• Like 4

Surely you jest?:blink:

• Like 2

Yes it's very interesting seeing the videos & reports ( thanks for posting them up fellas ) on a lot of prospectors mainstay GB2 V the new kid on the block the GM1000 Monster, From what i have seen so far they are both very worthy contenders and i guess from my point of view it will come down to which one handles the mineralized  ground in Australia better and i think i know the answer to that already, ( by the earlier posts re the GB2 ) Looks like it's time for a new tool/toy.

Cheers

Ashley 

• Like 1

I`ll back the Monster, $1.10 to 90c with time feel this edge will increase.

• Like 3

I think they shine in different areas. For cross country work (patch hunting) in variable ground right this moment I would grab the Gold Monster. For site specific work hunting the tiniest whispers of gold I will still bet on that Gold Bug 2 fixed ground balance and 71 kHz as having the edge.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think they shine in different areas. For cross country work (patch hunting) in variable ground right this moment I would grab the Gold Monster. For site specific work hunting the tiniest whispers of gold I will still bet on that Gold Bug 2 fixed ground balance and 71 kHz as having the edge.

And on going on Steve's post... We will also have to see when the Xp Deus HF elliptical coil at 81 khz will perform. 

• Like 1

Steve, is more than right!  In hot ground, looks like the GM is the winner and there is a million placers with hot ground the GB2, struggles on...or at least my patience! In mild ground the size of specks the GB2 can find boggles my mind.  Do I need another VLF (GM1000)?  I'd like to see a fix or hear it myself with the maxed out coil bumping noise issue.

Rick

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

Steve, is more than right!  In hot ground, looks like the GM is the winner and there is a million placers with hot ground the GB2, struggles on...or at least my patience! In mild ground the size of specks the GB2 can find boggles my mind.  Do I need another VLF (GM1000)?  I'd like to see a fix or hear it myself with the maxed out coil bumping noise issue.

Rick

Why should we expect a 'maxed out' detector to be smooth?  Change the way you use it or use it at the normal or conservative settings.  All of my Minelabs give me this choice.  SE Pro, 3030, 7000, 2300, etc ...

Friends of mine that are good with GB2s get them modded.  It is a circuit board 'fix.'  They also tell me that anyone who is not an expert with a normal GB2 should not and in some cases will not get modded.

As to the coil bumping issue ... have Miner John make a 'nerf' coil cover so that when you scrap or bump it the 'bump' is not heard.  Maybe this would also fix the grounding noise.

I put one of the lexan plates under my 19" coil (mounted on picture hangers) and it has eliminated this noise because the coil can no longer touch the ground!

Mitchel

• Like 2

There has to be al limit on the size of fly speck that it is practical for a person to spend the time digging. Its probably different for different folks . For me I'm not too excited  about any smaller than a grain, unless its been a while since I have found anything.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

I'd like to see a fix or hear it myself with the maxed out coil bumping noise issue.

Rick

Its the wire going into the coil-I noticed the falsing and secured the wire real snug to the lower pole right above the coil-No more issues :cool: Mike C...:ph34r:

• Like 6