GB2 Vs. Gold Monster 1000. A New Champion?

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but for me just hunting for fly specks in an area where that is all that is left or ever was does not excite me, l would rather be patch hunting or searching for larger pieces. I have been using the Gold Bugs since the original was introduced, but l think l like the GM 1000 better.

• Like 3

Suspect at this early stage tis the DSP of the Monster combined with its auto sens & auto gb, that may be the future. The power of the processor in short. Time will tell, exciting stuff.

• Like 4

Thats true and if l get a non ferrous signal I will dig it and ferrous most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Hobo just look at this way its like training if you can find the small ones then the bigger sitting ducks are a piece of cake :wink: Mike C...:ph34r:

True.  All l am saying l enjoy patch hunting and hunting a bit larger pieces more. I think for me the GM1000 will make a good patch hunter. 

• Like 2

Mitch,

I've seen you detect and I've seen your pokes of gold...your on your way!  But, if you think a noisy machine is the ticket, my book begs-to differ. What I was saying if the GM has to be maxed out run to be close to the GB2...why bother with the bumping coil noise?  Seems Mike C, has the fix...you must be and old GP/GPX veteran.

Rick

• Like 3

JW.........In my situation and area patch hunting with the Zed is like hunting rabbits with a 30 cal. rifle, every patch I am aware of  has or had a significant amount of the gold detectable by a vlf.  At 80 + yrs old I can't wear & lug (or want to) a Zed all day. Once a patch is located a  heavy pi can clean it out. The GB was and still is a great gold finder, the biggest patch l ever found was with a original GB. I just believe l can cover more ground effectively with the 1000 than I can with the GB2.  

• Like 4

One reason I'm going to purchase one is because the wife wants to give detecting a try also. So with the ease of operation and being lightweight, a no brainer. But I think I might like more. 

What I like about it is that it is easy for a novice to learn, yet still packs a punch for the avid dectectorist. 

So easy a Cavemen can use it. Or Aussie Nurse Paul.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sourdough Scott said:

One reason I'm going to purchase one is because the wife wants to give detecting a try also. So with the ease of operation and being lightweight, a no brainer. But I think I might like more. 

What I like about it is that it is easy for a novice to learn, yet still packs a punch for the avid dectectorist. 

So easy a Cavemen can use it. Or Aussie Nurse Paul.. 

For the wife...what a crock!

We all know she is smart enough to use it...... The question is; 

Are you???

Don't worry though, I'm sure she will take time to help you figure out how to use it.:tongue:

• Like 2